The Atlanta Braves Thread

I workshopped this with my dad, and mentioned in the Mays thread, but I think there as 13 players (sports teams only, no Tiger, Serena, etc) that are “impeachable” where you cannot deny their on field legacy and are true icons of American culture. I respect this thread’s opinions so much I’m curious what y’all think (my Barry Sanders inclusion might be biased)

Wayne Gretzky
Joe Montana
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Bill Russell
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson
Ted Williams
Hank Aaron
Willie Mays
I mean you gotta put "the Logo" on the list, no?

Derek Jeter

I agree with Mantle and/or Dimaggio as well.

He probably isn't famous enough in the United States to be on the list, but another player who absolutely meets those characteristics is Gordie Howe. They call him "Mr. Hockey."

I workshopped this with my dad, and mentioned in the Mays thread, but I think there as 13 players (sports teams only, no Tiger, Serena, etc) that are “impeachable” where you cannot deny their on field legacy and are true icons of American culture. I respect this thread’s opinions so much I’m curious what y’all think (my Barry Sanders inclusion might be biased)

Wayne Gretzky
Joe Montana
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Bill Russell
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson
Ted Williams
Hank Aaron
Willie Mays
Griffey could have been

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Jerry West? Killibrew?
West

Killebrew ISN'T the logo either

"That's completely untrue," Dior said. "It's not Harmon Killebrew. It's not anyone in particular."

Reactions: C/O

Wayne Gretzky
Joe Montana
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Bill Russell
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson
Ted Williams
Hank Aaron
Willie Mays
I know he didn't have the career everyone would have liked to seen because of injury...

Bo Jackson

I'd also say....
Nolan Ryan

VN Store

Back