The Blueprint to Beat Oregon

blueprint to beat Oregon:
1) Start with the San Francisco 49ers
2) Win

any questions?

EDIT: Serious question for the Oregon posters, do you think the Ducks would have a chance against the Niner's in Autzen Stadium or not? (Yes, I am being serious)

IMO, we need lots of this.

BosticHitStickChargersPS.gif

Awesome. It's just that that hit is now a penalty in college. :-(

That was not Chris Peterson who beat Oregon but Justin Wilcox (Ex-Duck and former Vol Def Cord). Wilcox was the def cord for that game.

For the record, that douche that LaGarrett punched deserved it but that was absolutely humiliating to watch as a duck fan.

What was humuliating about it? I'm sorry but that was the play of the year IMO. I am a LB fan now.

2) Win

any questions?

EDIT: Serious question for the Oregon posters, do you think the Ducks would have a chance against the Niner's in Autzen Stadium or not? (Yes, I am being serious)

Dude really? The niners would make Oregon look like a middle school team

Reactions: 1 person
Not knowing a whole lot about Oregon my inclination though would be to slow the game down as much as possible.
Use every second of the play clock and only throw the ball just to keep them honest. if we can have a few 7-8+ minute drives that puts points on the board and limit the number of possessions Oregon has while maybe forcing a few FGs that are usually TDs for the Ducks then we might can hang.

I do not have a good feeling about this game. But, I sort of like we are playing it before we play Florida.

2) Win

any questions?

LOL please tell me you did not ask that? I wonder what u think about Alabama since Oregon has never ever won a college national championship.

It isn't a big secret. You stop the Oregon offense just like you do any other good team. Your defensive line needs to dominate and the backs need to play tight.

There is nothing complicated about our offense, it may be unconventional but it isn't smoke and mirrors. Everyone knows how to slow it down and if you have the talent USC had a couple years ago or the athleticism and intelligence that Stanford has then you have a shot at earning a pole.

I dont want a pole, I want a win!

2) Win

any questions?

That's a serious question, is it?

Obviously the Jaguars, much less the Niners, would mercilessly pound both Oregon and 'Bama anywhere they played.

Good grief...The General came up with the blue print on how to beat em a long time ago.

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
2. Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.
3. If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam.
4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle... for this is the WINNING EDGE.
6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

Reactions: 4 people
2) Win

any questions?

Not a chance. Oregon would lose to any NFL team. Just as ANY college team would lose to ANY NFL team.

To add that he asked about the niners. With the one of the best and hardest hitting defense. Odds are Oregon wouldn't be able to finish the game due to injuries. It's funny when people ask if a college team could beat an nfl team. Everyone on a nfl team were the best on the college level. Even when they get to the nfl , it takes them a couple years to get it together. I highly doubt any college team would even get a first down on the niners .

Not knowing a whole lot about Oregon my inclination though would be to slow the game down as much as possible.
Use every second of the play clock and only throw the ball just to keep them honest. if we can have a few 7-8+ minute drives that puts points on the board and limit the number of possessions Oregon has while maybe forcing a few FGs that are usually TDs for the Ducks then we might can hang.

I do not have a good feeling about this game. But, I sort of like we are playing it before we play Florida.

I know Butch wants to have an uptempo, but kill the play clock as much as possible in this game!

What's with the thug mentality in this thread?

Some of you act like celebrating and talking smack on a football field is grounds for knocking someone out.

You people realize it's a game... right?

"Talk smack to me after beating me in NCAA 14 and imma knock you out!"
killen-thug-life.jpg

2) Win

any questions?

stanford Beat oregon you really think the 49ers would have a challenge.

the worst NFL team would beat the Best college Team with back ups in.true story.

Men and boys

Not a chance. Oregon would lose to any NFL team. Just as ANY college team would lose to ANY NFL team.

I agree, when it came up last year on VN between Bama and the Titans I mentioned how much fun Chris Johnson would have running through a hole in the line to meet Vinny Sunseri head on -- ha ha. he'd Crush the kid, then break the ankles of anybody else on the edge.

I know oregon is good, my point in asking the question was to gauge the Oregon Fans perspective on their team, and you passed the test. yes, exactly. Now, on to Saturday. You admit that your team is beatable (by an NFL team no less), now let's see about some really big College boys from the south. :)

VN Store

Back