The Brent Schaeffer Thread

orangetd88

Agent of Chaos
Does this mean that Ainge has a clearer shot at the starting job? Or does Claussen put on more steam?

I hope Crompton is good enough to place both Ainge and Clausen on the Bench! If he is that good we are going to be even better than many are expecting.

Originally posted by VolBeef88@Apr 22, 2005 3:32 PM
I hope Crompton is good enough to place both Ainge and Clausen on the Bench! If he is that good we are going to be even better than many are expecting.

so then we dont get to play Ainge and lose a year of our QBs :bad:

So let me get this right UTVOLFAN. If Crompton were (and there is no way he is) good enough to come in as a Frosh and sit two experienced QB's you would not take it? To be the player you have to beat the player and if he some how can, I say more power to him. I want the VERY best on the field.

maybe next yr for crompton, don't think CPF wants to go thru with a freshman unless he absolutely has to IMO

JR I agree that he won't. But if he is that good then how could you sit him? I think he will sit this year and be 2 next year. But all I am saying is no matter the postion, the player that gives you the best chance to win needs to play. Period! This ain't soccer or France.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Apr 22, 2005 4:05 PM
maybe next yr for crompton, don't think CPF wants to go thru with a freshman unless he absolutely has to IMO

exactly, there is no way that he is that much better then Ainge mechanics wise...and Ainge has the experiance....

Originally posted by VolBeef88@Apr 22, 2005 3:32 PM

What do you have against Ainge and Clausen? Do you truly believe a freshman with no SEC experience, no ability to read an SEC defense, much less pick up on stunts, etc., should be our QB? We were extremely lucky with our 2 freshmen last year. The idea of another freshman when we have Ainge and Clausen is pretty @@#$.

well number one. he wanted to leave. that is why he missed classes.

he did this on his on. number two who cares. better off without punks who care only of themselves.

I hate to see Schaeffer go because the kid has so much talent. But if he's going to be a distraction, then so be it. Wow, I bet his folks are embarrassed.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Apr 22, 2005 5:05 PM
don't think CPF wants to go thru with a freshman unless he absolutely has to IMO

I don't think that I want to deal with another freshman for a while. Last year was fun, but it stressed me out man.

I have said it for months... Starting Crompton would be a waste of Ainge's talent and take away a season of preparation time JC could use.

Crompton will have just as much of a chance as any of our current QBs. He will be given a full, fair shot at winning the job. That is a fact and straight from the top.

The question is, will he? He has been studying our system for a very long time and has put in a lot of work. I'm not saying he's going to come in and beat everyone out, but he will be given the same chance as any other qb on our roster.

well i think ainge and clausen as good as they played last year will def be the top 2 no doubt in my mind. What could crompton have to offer more then them honestly. Everyone hast here opinion but honestly no one knows what he's gonna do he could come in and take over ainge and clausen and be the starter but the odds are far more likely for him to come in and sit. I dont care what anyone says... not heath shuller or whoever he hasnt played college ball yet so regardless of how many td passes he had or how good he looked on a highschool field the simple fact is that no one has a clue for sure so who knows

Originally posted by 7IlikeOrange7@Apr 22, 2005 10:03 PM
well i think ainge and clausen as good as they played last year will def be the top 2 no doubt in my mind. What could crompton have to offer more then them honestly. Everyone hast here opinion but honestly no one knows what he's gonna do he could come in and take over ainge and clausen and be the starter but the odds are far more likely for him to come in and sit. I dont care what anyone says... not heath shuller or whoever he hasnt played college ball yet so regardless of how many td passes he had or how good he looked on a highschool field the simple fact is that no one has a clue for sure so who knows

What could he offer them? That was a silly question. He Could be a better athlete, better arm, ect. ect. I aint saying he will be but he looks very promising.

I love the fact that this year CPF is worried about depth. I have been a die hard fan for several years and this is great. I love it.

Ainge will be starting and Clausen will be 2nd stringer....Crompton will be red shirted next year...that's just the way I see it playing out next year

i hate to see this happen. all that talent gone to waste. it ruins the dynamics of the 2 qb system we had.

Are we sure Shaeffer doesn't have a drug problem? :lol:

``USF is one of the fastest- growing programs in the country and in just a matter of time I think they will be in the hunt for a national championship with the right talent,'' Schaeffer said in a 2004 interview.

You guys have manaed to argue for hours and still missed the key point:

Ainge & Clausen may be cute, but Jim Bob is Cooter

VN Store

Back