The Case for Reparations

There is no case for reparations because nothing was done that wasn't legal at the time. End of story. As for the other "cases for reparations", ignorance isn't a defense (home loans). Go back to your hole fruitcake and work on those critical thinking skills. Pick up a history book while you are at it.

There is no case for reparations because nothing was done that wasn't legal at the time. End of story. As for the other "cases for reparations", ignorance isn't a defense (home loans). Go back to your hole fruitcake and work on those critical thinking skills. Pick up a history book while you are at it.

Oh, man, who would have guessed that my favorite simpleton would have such a backwoods view of this issue?

The legality of the acts does not do anything to negate "need" for reparations, and such a strictly-"legal" view of the law is both morally callous and painfully shortsighted. And, if you'd bothered to read the article and/or understand what you actually mean by "ignorance isn't a defense," you'd understand just how weak a justification that is.

It's okay, though. You'll get likes from all the other peons because you used the word "fruitcake" like a true rube.

Reactions: 8 people
Oh, man, who would have guessed that my favorite simpleton would have such a backwoods view of this issue?

The legality of the acts does not do anything to negate "need" for reparations, and such a strictly-"legal" view of the law is both morally callous and painfully shortsighted. And, if you'd bothered to read the article and/or understand what you actually mean by "ignorance isn't a defense," you'd understand just how weak a justification that is.

It's okay, though. You'll get likes from all the other peons because you used the word "fruitcake" like a true rube.

So you want to get paid for work done by your great, great, great, great grandparents?

Reactions: 5 people
Didn't know this was about me, and I personally wouldn't be so naive as to call it "work."

How do we know you or anyone else is an actual decedent of a slave? And who should pay to do all this research?

Also if we really were to pay ever decedent of a slave in this nation, how much money do you really think you would get? 50 dollars a piece?

It absolutely negates the "need" for reparations you tool. The article is a desperate attempt to justify a "free lunch" mentality for something most people never experienced. Did you read the article? Did you read the woe is me predatory loans section? Just because you are black and stupid doesn't mean you should be rewarded for your ignorance.

But reparations have already been rewarded in the form of anti discrimination laws and affirmative action. Just because a vast majority of people choose to not take full advantage of these programs and wallow in poverty and despair is no justification for more reparations.

However I think it would be a good social experiment. 40 acres and a mule to every black male, just like good ole Abe promised. There is plenty of land in New England.

One of the funny things about slavery (if you can call it funny) is that one of the first registered slave owners was black. A former indentured servant who had fulfilled his servitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
There is no case for reparations because nothing was done that wasn't legal at the time. End of story.
Now that is some clever BS.

Either way, we can bailout the "Too Big To Fail" Banks in 2008 at the tune of like $700 billion and then give them QE payments every month of $85 billion per month, and not many people blink an eye about that.

Who pays these reparations anyways? Is the government going to track down the 40%ish of whites whose families were actually here during the slave days and force them to pay? Are they going to go after Holland, Portugal, Spain, France, & England being they were the biggest slave traders? Do they go after the locals in West Africa since their tribal ancestors sold their own people to the white man? Or do we track down the closest living descendents (on a DNA level) of Homo Erectus and make them foot the bill since if their ancestors never had stood up and walked out of Africa slavery would never have happened?

Reactions: 2 people
Now that is some clever BS.

Either way, we can bailout the "Too Big To Fail" Banks in 2008 at the tune of like $700 billion and then give them QE payments every month of $85 billion per month, and not many people blink an eye about that.

It's not BS its just when looking at the legality of reparations there is none. It's a nice pipe dream but that's about it.

And the bank bail outs, F that as well. I'd fight for reparations before a damn bank bail out again.

The reason why I'm against reparations is that the majority of people receiving them probably aren't even going to us them to their long-term advantage or for that of their families. To greatly simplify the issue, let's say the govt. automatically gives $10,000 to every black family (or perhaps even person) in the US. The majority of these people most likely won't even invest this money in anything beneficial, like education, savings accounts, etc. Instead, they'll probably just spend it either frivolously or for things that might only be needed in the near-terms, thereby not really improving the overall condition of the community. Yes, they'll have a little bit more money, but for how long, and what will be the actual benefit long-term?

Now, this might seem like I'm doing a "you people" racist argument, but I would wager that the same would apply to basically any group in America.

I could be wrong about this, of course.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back