The DeSantis containment thread -- all things DeSantis go here

Got to agree. Mrs Cleveland and I were discussing this morning.

The mistake was to attack Trump. Instead, he should have buried him (with praise). The point would have been to say how great he had done before but now was time for him to carry the torch and that he is the one that can get elected to get that same great agenda that everyone loved done.

He may have a tough time making the sale but lots of campaigns have stumbled in the early days only to go on to win. Still, he needs to position himself better not as anti-Trump but after-Trump. Its not easy to do.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he's high-functioning Asperger/Autistic. I've worked with several colleagues who are on the spectrum but high-functioning and some of his gaffes remind me of them. The weirdly-timed, too loud laughs, for example.

Thats why I like him actually. I think he would make a great manager to reign in DC but it makes it hard to have that effortless charm.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
Florida poised to become First State to Adopt Conservative Standardized Entrance Exam Program

Florida could become the first state to accept a new standardized test that is popular among Christians and conservatives for its public universities. The latest move as Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) continues to battle educational organizations over instructional material.

The Florida Board of Governors, with support from the DeSantis administration, is set to vote at its August meeting on whether to approve the Classic Learning Test scores for admissions, in addition to SAT and ACT scores.

The Classic Learning Test, created in 2015, is favored among conservative groups and Christian private schools as an alternative to tests like the SAT and ACT, which some think promote a progressive agenda. The CLT emphasizes teaching the humanities, morality, and classical literature and is implemented in over 200 private predominately universities.

If accepted, this could be a significant win for DeSantis, who has launched a campaign against Florida's educational system to eliminate critical race theory and LGBT-related topics from the curriculum.

Florida poised to become first state to adopt conservative standardized entrance exam program

New York Times: Mandatory E-Verify Raises Wages for Florida Workers

GettyImages-1270690504-640x480.jpg

Despite having only been in effect for a month, Florida’s mandatory E-Verify law — which requires employers to hire legal immigrants and American citizens — has already raised wages in working class jobs in the state, the New York Times admits.

As Breitbart News reported in May, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) made Florida the largest state in the nation to require all employers with 25 or more employees to screen its workforce through the federal government’s E-Verify system — ensuring that all new hires are legally residing in the United States.

Mandatory E-Verify in Florida took effect July 1.

In a piece where business executives complained that they cannot operate without hiring illegal aliens, the New York Times admits that the law has already helped boost wages for working class Americans who are the most likely to compete against illegal aliens for jobs.

NY Times: Mandatory E-Verify Raises Wages for Florida Workers

Reactions: Gandalf
I'm not in any way blaming DeSantis or anyone else for it ... but it seems strange that he hasn't publicly addressed the leprosy endemic in central Florida. I realize that it is only transmitted through prolonged contact with someone who is infected ... but still, that's not going to help tourism.

I'm not in any way blaming DeSantis or anyone else for it ... but it seems strange that he hasn't publicly addressed the leprosy endemic in central Florida. I realize that it is only transmitted through prolonged contact with someone who is infected ... but still, that's not going to help tourism.
There's been 15 cases. 15. Seems like the media is causing folks to think the number is significantly higher. It took about 7 articles to even find the actual number of cases. Instead they used percentage.

Leprosy may now be endemic in Florida, report suggests

Screenshot_20230808_065802_Chrome.jpg

Get this guys, when his wife had cancer, Ron was so great to Casey that he ... drumroll ... picked his kids up from school. That's Mother Theresa league stuff there. Talk about supererogation. And you goobers wonder why women have left the party. The GOP's views of gender roles are so out of date.

There's been 15 cases. 15. Seems like the media is causing folks to think the number is significantly higher. It took about 7 articles to even find the actual number of cases. Instead they used percentage.

Leprosy may now be endemic in Florida, report suggests

View attachment 568498
That $hit is horror movie-esque disgusting. As a matter of fact, John Carpenter's "The Fog" was about a leper colony that was seeking revenge on a community that had stolen their property.

DeSantis shouldn't ignore it ... it will scare people.

Florida poised to become First State to Adopt Conservative Standardized Entrance Exam Program

Florida could become the first state to accept a new standardized test that is popular among Christians and conservatives for its public universities. The latest move as Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) continues to battle educational organizations over instructional material.

The Florida Board of Governors, with support from the DeSantis administration, is set to vote at its August meeting on whether to approve the Classic Learning Test scores for admissions, in addition to SAT and ACT scores.

The Classic Learning Test, created in 2015, is favored among conservative groups and Christian private schools as an alternative to tests like the SAT and ACT, which some think promote a progressive agenda. The CLT emphasizes teaching the humanities, morality, and classical literature and is implemented in over 200 private predominately universities.

If accepted, this could be a significant win for DeSantis, who has launched a campaign against Florida's educational system to eliminate critical race theory and LGBT-related topics from the curriculum.

Florida poised to become first state to adopt conservative standardized entrance exam program
Good grief. Why can’t we just ask factual questions to measure whether or not someone has retained the knowledge taught to them? Why does a test have to “lean” one way or another? Whether the current tests actually do push agenda or if this is a boogeyman situation it’s just annoying. It’s not hard. You simply ask knowledge questions, collect answers and score them. The end.

Maybe a little Trump’s fault, right Triple H?

VN Store

Back