The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Has anyone listed the Steve McQueen 1968 movie "Bullit"? I have to admit the movie is boring in places but, that car chase scene reaching speeds of 100 mph on the streets of SF, was stupendous to watch on the big screen.
I love movies like that. Mindless fun is what I’m after. I don’t need movies pushing narratives or agendas at me, like everything coming out these days.
Bullit is a good one!

I didn’t realize that Steve McQueen died in 1980, at the young age of 50!
The great escape is another good one.

I remember that day I found out about it. I was in shock for days not believing it.
He died of cancer that nobody knew about. I hate cancer. It's taken so many lives.

Last edited:
We could all pool our money together and buy a theater room. You’ll have to wait on me to win the lottery first though.

I have a movie room. Seats five. 127 inches of high definition and surround sound.

48a4cd94277f76f8bb4c854d6865328d-cc_ft_576.jpg
9f8e4f5e06a1eac059291a0c51db7ed6-cc_ft_576.jpg

Those guys were just “tough guys!”
Guys like McQueen, Eastwood, Lee Marvin...
You don’t have guys like that in movies now.

Like I've said earlier in threads ... I'm a product of the 50s & 60s. You had to be rough & tough & fight back back in those days or people would take advantage & beat up on ya.
I had an older brother that made me tough. We fought all the time as kids.

Like I've said earlier in threads ... I'm a product of the 50s & 60s. You had to be rough & tough & fight back back in those days or people would take advantage & beat up on ya.
I was born in ‘78 and grew up in the ‘80s. I really think my generation is the last of the “going outside to play, rub some dirt on it!” Generation.

My dad is the same way. Born in ‘57, he’s a little guy and a great person, but I’ve never met a tougher man or one that can work your butt in the ground like he can, even to this day!

VN Store

Back