The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Incredible spin and sneaky PR including all those D2 wins, conference titles and Nattys lol
She already has 2 conference championships at the D-1 level. Kellie Harper only had a single regular season championship and that was with Western Carolina in 2006-07. I mean yeah Marshall got blasted in the 1st round but they had a heck of a season otherwise. Harper has had all the resources and the history of Lady Vols basketball and couldn’t finish better than 3rd in the regular season during her 5 seasons. If Coach Kim doesn’t get us to a Sweet 16 in the first 2 or 3 seasons then I will change my tune but all signs point to her being a successful coach in Knoxville. This is an upgrade imo.

Did the WBB hire a coach?
Yeah and about half the “fans” what to fire Danny White. This is the same guy that has hired Lance Leipold, Nate Oats, and Josh Heupel but let’s fire up the lynch mob over a hire we don’t universally agree with. I’ll be the first to point out that not everyone was thrilled with the Heupel hire and look how that has turned out…

She already has 2 conference championships at the D-1 level. Kellie Harper only had a single regular season championship and that was with Western Carolina in 2006-07. I mean yeah Marshall got blasted in the 1st round but they had a heck of a season otherwise. Harper has had all the resources and the history of Lady Vols basketball and couldn’t finish better than 3rd in the regular season during her 5 seasons. If Coach Kim doesn’t get us to a Sweet 16 in the first 2 or 3 seasons then I will change my tune but all signs point to her being a successful coach in Knoxville. This is an upgrade imo.
Crossing my fingers 🤞hoping all of it works out.

I know people want to point to the women’s soccer hiring as a downside to Danny White, but come on, who really is a good evaluator for soccer in the USA??? Our national men’s team can’t even get it right. How do you expect to have a college AD to have the best choice in mind? USA Soccer is so far behind the rest of the world it’s laughable. Of course he didn’t know who to hire. He asked for the player’s input and I think that’s great. Sometimes it doesn’t work out but at least you asked your student athletes what they want in a coach. Whenever we were hiring a new coach in high school they did the same with us. They gathered all the seniors and asked what we wanted and even had one on one meetings with the new head coach to understand what he wanted from us and we expected from him. You don’t want your players running the program but I don’t think it is a bad thing to have input from the athletes that are actually playing the game.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Did the WBB hire a coach?
Yeah and I’m pi$$ed!
The baseball forum was slowly but surely closing in and looking to surpass the LV forums, but Danny White had to go fire our coach, let it linger for a few days and then hire a rookie coach from Marshall, all resulting in about 13,000 new threads being created in the LV forum!
What horrible timing! I mean he coulda at least waited to fire CKH, after we made it to Omaha!
Thanks for nothing Danny!!
😡

Yeah and I’m pi$$ed!
The baseball forum was slowly but surely closing in and looking to surpass the LV forums, but Danny White had to go fire our coach, let it linger for a few days and then hire a rookie coach from Marshall, all resulting in about 13,000 new threads being created in the LV forum!
What horrible timing! I mean he coulda at least waited to fire CKH, after we made it to Omaha!
😡

You can’t be serious.?!

Yeah and I’m pi$$ed!
😡
I thought with WBB season over we had a chance to catch them. That ship has sailed.

Just realized why @Volstylexx is having such a 💩 day 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I will eat a cat turd out of my litter box live on facebook for you all to watch if TN hires Marshall's coach. Danny White does not fire a former Lady Vol who went to two sweet 16's to hire a coach who's been in D1 for one year. NOT. HAPPENING. It's counter intuitive to everything we know to be true in how he sees the program.

VN Store

Back