The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Plus the 3 women singing? They're all my type ... or turn me on to a degree so I'm not sure I have a type, but definitely like those three just because they can sing.
The credits roll after the song is over & they appear to be from Russia or something.
The Band plays better than the original artist do. I wonder what other songs they do?

I need some advice. Have any of you had to teach your teen how to drive? My oldest just turned 15 in April and my husband and I have taken her on a few driving lessons in our neighborhood (speed limit 20). I am going to have her study for her permit this summer and enrolled her in driver’s ed at school next year. Is this enough?

It was different for me at that age because I started learning how to drive at 13, and by age 16 I could drive a manual. I think that is a lost art. My first car was a lowered Chevy S10, and I remember being able to shift, drive, smoke a cigarette and talk on the phone at the same time lol. Needless to say that my daughter will be driving on her own by summer next year and that is terrifying to me 😅
Pray. I’ve prayed constantly for 8 years, since my oldest first got her license.
24, 20 and one is about to turn 16...
Me and the big guy talk pretty often!😜
What really worries me is when the 2 knucklehead boys(11 and 5)start driving!!

I need some advice. Have any of you had to teach your teen how to drive? My oldest just turned 15 in April and my husband and I have taken her on a few driving lessons in our neighborhood (speed limit 20). I am going to have her study for her permit this summer and enrolled her in driver’s ed at school next year. Is this enough?

It was different for me at that age because I started learning how to drive at 13, and by age 16 I could drive a manual. I think that is a lost art. My first car was a lowered Chevy S10, and I remember being able to shift, drive, smoke a cigarette and talk on the phone at the same time lol. Needless to say that my daughter will be driving on her own by summer next year and that is terrifying to me 😅
I had twin boys and never thought about how they'd learn. I just figured they were smart to get it right & they did. I was always concerned about other drivers on the road hitting them.

Pray. I’ve prayed constantly for 8 years, since my oldest first got her license.
24, 20 and one is about to turn 16...
Me and the big guy talk pretty often!😜
What really worries me is when the 2 knucklehead boys(11 and 5)start driving!!
Damn it son! How many you got .... an army?

IMG_8870.png

Allow me to babble on this topic. In Georgia we have to take a defensive driving course within a year of getting our license because passing a driving test is so basic in this state. That class, NOT driver's ed taught me more than driver's ed did - not even close.

You know what tempered and suppresses the urge to drive like a dumbass the most? KNOWing that my parents would be completely lost without me and that all the work and sacrifices they made for me would be for naught. How do I know THAT for sure? They told me so and we talked about it.

On top of that my best friend is very, very reliant on me being alive and that's true even today. He has panic attacks if he's not 100% sure of where I am and pretty much has to see me every 5-6 hours or he gets anxious to the point of having to take .25mg of Xanax and I don't want him to take ANY Xanax.

I love coincidences: I've been trying to teach my best friend how to drive for 4 years because I want him to have the confidence that he can actually do it. His biggest trigger for having a panic attack is behind the wheel trying to drive. Last year, as a 19 year old he could only drive maybe a 10th of a mile before he started hyperventilating. Anyway - he just passed his driver's test this week and I'm more proud of him than he is of himself and made sure he knew I was proud of him. THAT, just knowing that I'm proud of him was a big deal because most adolescent boys have never been told by anyone that someone is proud of them It's a big deal imo and I think parents should be not keep that from them if they are proud of their sons (or daughters for that matter) you think we know it, but it's so nice to hear the words and know parents mean it. Think about that a while - whoever is reading this. It's a big deal to us.

You asked "is this enough?" I'd also make or take the opportunity to teach your daughter how to drive in an icy parking lot and tell her that's what it's like to drive on wet leaves or on a road that hasn't seen any rain for a few weeks and that the oil build up combined with rain is really slick and that the key to driving in those conditions is to not over correct, not to brake and not to just get off the gas and all of those things should be done slowly, not quickly. The number of 4 wheel drive and all wheel drive wreck cars I see driven by adults could have used that advice by the way.

I'd remind your daughter that there are a lot of drivers that are on drugs of some sort because they are addicts and that includes alcohol, but also Xanax, oxy, marijuana and other mind altering drugs and we really should be driving defensively because of that.

Another Georgia rule or law is that we're not allowed to drive with anyone else in the car except a parent or guardian until we pass a defensive driving course or until we've been driving with a license for one calendar year. I think that's an excellent policy because it really is fairly to somewhat distracting to drive with 3-4 other people in the car until it's second nature, plus a car behaves different with 600 or more pounds in the car.

Last edited:

I taught both my teenagers how to drive, one girl and one boy, two years apart. We were living in Arlington, TX at the time. I took them to big high schools before it got dark on weekdays and on weekends when there were no activities going on. The schools had quite a lot of pavement and multiple parking lots. Patience and being calm is the key. Good luck!!

edit. Both had driver’s training courses in high school but that wasn’t enough for them, hence the additional practice.

Last edited:
Yes sir. Dodger Fans hate the Giants as much as Braves hate the Phillies. Probably more .
Some older Braves fans might hate the Dodgers and Giants more than the Mets and Phillies. Braves don’t have any reason to hate anyone in the NL East really. We have 18 NL East titles out of a possible 29 since joining. Heck the Pirates are still 3rd in NL East titles and they were 2nd up until about 15 years ago. They haven’t even been in the division for 30 years. Mets and Phillies should be embarrassed 😂

VN Store

Back