The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

There are a bunch of trolls and 'holes over there they need to be banned. Went over to see what was what, and instead saw that disrupted continually. If you exclude also the responses to them, it was hard to find much else. I really wish the mods would clean house over there.
Sigh. I hear ya.

You didn't happen to see if they were video recording any of this?

Ok OB, I have short video clips and went ahead and uploaded on YouTube so you can check it out. These are only partial songs as I wasn’t expecting to post. I just keep some short clips for later nostalgia.

Ok OB, I have short video clips and went ahead and uploaded on YouTube so you can check it out. These are only partial songs as I wasn’t expecting to post. I just keep some short clips for later nostalgia.

Well, thxs for the trouble. I wasn't asking for you to do all that.

SS? Arcia is still one of the best imo. OF .... meh.
Statistically speaking he has been one of the two worst everyday shortstops this season offensively. He has been a top 5 defender but he is practically unplayable on offense this year.

The Good:

T-8th in doubles
5th out of 23 qualifiers in fielding percentage
5th in double plays turned

The Bad:

20th out of 21 qualifiers in BA
21st out of 21 qualifiers in OBP
20th out of 21 qualifiers in SLG
21st out of 21 qualifiers in OPS
T-19th in HR
23rd in RBI
20th in total bases
25th in walks
49th in WAR
Zero stolen bases

speaking he has been one of the two worst everyday shortstops this season offensively. He has been a top 5 defender but he is practically unplayable on offense this year.

The Good:

T-8th in doubles
5th out of 23 qualifiers in fielding percentage
5th in double plays turned

The Bad:

20th out of 21 qualifiers in BA
21st out of 21 qualifiers in OBP
20th out of 21 qualifiers in SLG
21st out of 21 qualifiers in OPS
T-19th in HR
23rd in RBI
20th in total bases
25th in walks
49th in WAR
Zero stolen bases
I still stand by my post. I think he's doing great. 🙂 F the stats.

Clark and Boston both essentially went into the US women’s basketball coach’s home and took a big 💩 on the kitchen counter. That’s what you get for playing favorites instead of picking the best players in the country.

I still stand by my post. I think he's doing great. 🙂 F the stats.
I mean he went from top 10 at his position to bottom of the barrel in a matter of one season but by all means keep supporting mediocre play. Part of the reason we are 8.5 games behind the Phillies at the break. The other infielders have played like trash too but at least they are performing middle of the road compared to their peers. Arcia has taken the biggest step back out of all the everyday players.

I mean he went from top 10 at his position to bottom of the barrel in a matter of one season but by all means keep supporting mediocre play. Part of the reason we are 8.5 games behind the Phillies at the break. The other infielders have played like trash too but at least they are performing middle of the road compared to their peers. Arcia has taken the biggest step back out of all the everyday players.
Oh, cry me a river. If we win we win. If we don't then we don't.

@VolPack22

Aren't the Lookouts the Double A team of the Reds? If so when are you getting your tickets to see Chase Burns in person, maybe get an autograph for @cobbwebb0710 .
Lookouts tickets are always very affordable so I can go anytime. It’s just a matter of when he gets there. I remember going to see Hunter Greene a couple years ago on Cinco de Mayo in 2021 I think?. Dude was throwing straight 🔥 and I was like yeah I doubt this guy stays in the minors past this season. I thought he was good enough to be in the majors at that moment. I think he only spent a month in AA though before they moved him to AAA for the rest of the year. Just looked up his stats from his brief time in Chattanooga:

7 starts
5-0
1.98 ERA
41 IP
9 ER
27 hits allowed
60 K
1.000 WHIP
13.2 K/9 IP

I feel so bad for Mike Soroka. Guy was on the verge of being a Cy Young contender and then he ruptured his Achilles. Then he was on the verge of coming back and ruptured it again going back into the dugout. Now he is stuck in MLB Siberia with a 5+ ERA and not a single win to his name. Sad thing is he is still only 26. Really hate to see young guys have their careers ended before they really get started. He was one of my favorite pitchers to watch prior to the injury.

I feel so bad for Mike Soroka. Guy was on the verge of being a Cy Young contender and then he ruptured his Achilles. Then he was on the verge of coming back and ruptured it again going back into the dugout. Now he is stuck in MLB Siberia with a 5+ ERA and not a single win to his name. Sad thing is he is still only 26. Really hate to see young guys have their careers ended before they really get started. He was one of my favorite pitchers to watch prior to the injury.

💯 percent correct.

I don’t know that anyone expected that kind of production from Arcia, on a consistent, yearly basis, at least I didn’t. I’m not so much worried about Arcia as I am Olson, Riley and Murphy, especially Murphy. You gave up a great, young catcher to go out and get Murphy and so far, that one is not working out in your favor.
You let Freeman walk and brought in his younger version in Olson and while that one was fun last year, I question how will it work out long term?
The young pitchers have not developed at the pace the organization needed them to and Acuña can’t stay healthy.
The Braves have talent, they just need to stay hungry and healthy.

Lookouts tickets are always very affordable so I can go anytime. It’s just a matter of when he gets there. I remember going to see Hunter Greene a couple years ago on Cinco de Mayo in 2021 I think?. Dude was throwing straight 🔥 and I was like yeah I doubt this guy stays in the minors past this season. I thought he was good enough to be in the majors at that moment. I think he only spent a month in AA though before they moved him to AAA for the rest of the year. Just looked up his stats from his brief time in Chattanooga:

7 starts
5-0
1.98 ERA
41 IP
9 ER
27 hits allowed
60 K
1.000 WHIP
13.2 K/9 IP
He struggled at times last year but has really looked good this season!

VN Store

Back