The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

If those two can find a way to stay healthy for the postseason, then look out. We will have a repeat champion on our hands. Braves should have fired Snitker after the 2019 season and forced Bochy out of his pseudo-retirement decision. We had the perfect team for him over the past 5 seasons. Could have realistically won 3 championships with Bochy at the helm. Instead we have a poser in Snitker, who doesn’t deserve this team.
I posted in the wrong thread yesterday and @NorCalVol67 was polite enough to CALL ME OUT ON IT...
Scherzer moved into 10th in all time strikeouts, at 3,400, and now leads Verlander by 6 Ks.

If those two can find a way to stay healthy for the postseason, then look out. We will have a repeat champion on our hands. Braves should have fired Snitker after the 2019 season and forced Bochy out of his pseudo-retirement decision. We had the perfect team for him over the past 5 seasons. Could have realistically won 3 championships with Bochy at the helm. Instead we have a poser in Snitker, who doesn’t deserve this team.
I wonder how happy Ron Washington is, out in California?
🤔

Back when I was going to a lot of Giants games during their World Series runs, including watching them beat my Cardinals a couple of times in the playoffs, I always dreamed of Bochy being the Cards manager.

He was so good at managing the pitching staff, and Matheny was surprisingly bad for a former catcher. Cards would have won 3 or 4 in a row with Bochy.

Being in the opposing stadium two different years watching your team eliminated is not fun.

I wonder how happy Ron Washington is, out in California?
🤔
I know he is happy to have CMo but that’s about it. He has a 32 year old superstar that has a 70 year old body and even older 34 year old that has yet to play 60 games for the franchise in his 5 seasons there. Rendon doesn’t come off the books until after the 2026 season and Trout is signed through the 2030 season. They have $72M/yr just going to waste for two athletes that don’t know how to take care of their bodies. It’s funny how these talented athletes in every major sport gets PAID big time and as soon as they are getting all of that guaranteed money with a full no-trade clause they think they can stop training the way they used to, you know the hard work and dedication that actually earned them that contract. We’ve got someone like Shohei Ohtani deferring almost all his money to the last 10 years of a 20 year deal and is playing for pennies compared to anyone else of his caliber. If I were a GM I would almost consider having nothing but international players on my team. All the guys in the USA seem to get fat and happy whenever they get that big paycheck. Happens in football, basketball, and baseball. There’s no excuse to be in your late 20s/early 30s as a professional athlete and can’t find a way to be available for the team that is paying you truckloads of money. It’s unacceptable imo.

That’s laughable. Not even going to entertain that discussion. Ohtani is leading 2 out of the 3 triple crown categories and only 6 RBI behind Ozuna to complete the set. The last NL Triple Crown winner was in 1937. So we’re talking about something that hasn’t been done in nearly 90 years…

siap

The Southeastern Conference on Wednesday announced an agreement with PitchCom® to provide technology for on-the-field communication between pitchers, catchers and coaches for all 16 SEC baseball programs beginning with the 2025 season.

I know he is happy to have CMo but that’s about it. He has a 32 year old superstar that has a 70 year old body and even older 34 year old that has yet to play 60 games for the franchise in his 5 seasons there. Rendon doesn’t come off the books until after the 2026 season and Trout is signed through the 2030 season. They have $72M/yr just going to waste for two athletes that don’t know how to take care of their bodies. It’s funny how these talented athletes in every major sport gets PAID big time and as soon as they are getting all of that guaranteed money with a full no-trade clause they think they can stop training the way they used to, you know the hard work and dedication that actually earned them that contract. We’ve got someone like Shohei Ohtani deferring almost all his money to the last 10 years of a 20 year deal and is playing for pennies compared to anyone else of his caliber. If I were a GM I would almost consider having nothing but international players on my team. All the guys in the USA seem to get fat and happy whenever they get that big paycheck. Happens in football, basketball, and baseball. There’s no excuse to be in your late 20s/early 30s as a professional athlete and can’t find a way to be available for the team that is paying you truckloads of money. It’s unacceptable imo.
stone-cold-steve-austin-wwe.gif

VN Store

Back