The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

We still talking about Disch?

“Disch Field was the first, followed by UFCU Disch-Falk Field, to be named after Billy Disch.” -wiki ✅
Disch Field was the pre-cursor to Disch-Falk Field where the Longhorns play today, but despite the similar names, these are not the same fields. Disch Field was located right next to the Colorado River whereas today's Disch-Falk Field is located on the grounds of the University of Texas, home to the Texas Longhorns.

Disch Field was the pre-cursor to Disch-Falk Field where the Longhorns play today, but despite the similar names, these are not the same fields. Disch Field was located right next to the Colorado River whereas today's Disch-Falk Field is located on the grounds of the University of Texas, home to the Texas Longhorns.
This ballpark was also more of a Minor League Ballpark as the UT baseball team continued to play for many seasons at old Clark Field built in 1928 (which never held a Minor League team). Disch Field was built in 1947 and became a hub for 25 years of Minor League play for the Double-A Texas League and the Class B Big State League. When this ballpark was demolished in 1975 and the new Disch-Falk Field took over... Minor League ball left the area for good and the new 7800 seat stadium on the grounds of UT, became solely for the use of collegiate baseball.

I'm not as smart or intelligent as you guys, thanks for reminding me of it every freaking day. HFF.
I just try to stay vigilant to the PF masses. They have a tendency to avoid the Dugout, for which I am grateful.

I’d down vote this if I could. I wasn’t trying to be nasty. Ya seem pretty bright to me. 🥰

What’s HFF?

VN Store

Back