The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Yep, Michigan didn't see that coming. But, oh well.

Texas winning wasn’t a surprise because mostly the same great team from last season, however Texas bulldozing Michigan in a game that was very uncompetitive is very surprising.

The wedding was memorable and great including vows, and the cake was very sweet.

Excellent to see Tennessee bulldozed NC State even though Tennessee had struggles of being rusty in the first half.

Nebraska has exorcised some demons of self destruction vs equal weight class teams since they outplayed Colorado in the first half, and they sustained the success in the second half to defeat Colorado in what is a feel great win.

Texas winning wasn’t a surprise because mostly the same great team from last season, however Texas bulldozing Michigan in a game that was very uncompetitive is very surprising.

The wedding was memorable and great including vows, and the cake was very sweet.

Excellent to see Tennessee bulldozed NC State even though Tennessee had struggles of being rusty in the first half.

Nebraska has exorcised some demons of self destruction vs equal weight class teams since they outplayed Colorado in the first half, and they sustained the success in the second half to defeat Colorado in what is a feel great win.

Great to hear from ya!!! Ya doing good? Who got married, I might have missed that part.

Everything looked good for our FootVols yesterday. Dominant against a top 25 team. Notre Dame loses to NIU. Penn State should have lost to Bowling Green. Meechigan got taken to the woodshed by Texas. Alabama was in a dogfight against Golesh and USF. Oregon escaped Boise State. Oklahoma struggled mightily against Houston. At the moment, I don’t see how anyone could say there are 4 better teams in the country than Tennessee. These would be my CFP representatives, in no particular order, based on the first couple of weeks:

Georgia (SEC Champ)
Texas
Tennessee
Ole Miss
Ohio State (Big 10 Champ)
Miami (ACC Champ)
USC
Missouri
Alabama
Utah (Big 12 Champ)
Louisville
Northern Illinois (Group of 5 bid)

Everything looked good for our FootVols yesterday. Dominant against a top 25 team. Notre Dame loses to NIU. Penn State should have lost to Bowling Green. Meechigan got taken to the woodshed by Texas. Alabama was in a dogfight against Golesh and USF. Oregon escaped Boise State. Oklahoma struggled mightily against Houston. At the moment, I don’t see how anyone could say there are 4 better teams in the country than Tennessee. These would be my CFP representatives, in no particular order, based on the first couple of weeks:

Georgia (SEC Champ)
Texas
Tennessee
Ole Miss
Ohio State (Big 10 Champ)
Miami (ACC Champ)
USC
Missouri
Alabama
Utah (Big 12 Champ)
Louisville
Northern Illinois (Group of 5 bid)
Looks good but in reality, there's no way the committee puts SIX SEC teams in the 12 team playoff. That's just reality whether it's right or wrong.

Lost 55-24 to Pitt in Week 1. I expect us to push close to that 70 point mark once again. 60 sounds like a given.
It'll be Gaston Moore's day at QB 1st Half & then Mecklinger in the 2nd Half.
Heupel will empty the bench for those who can still walk to be playing.
This game is scheduled for a late (6:30 pm CT) SEC slate.
MO .... this should be an only streaming game to watch.

Last edited:
Looks good but in reality, there's no way the committee puts SIX SEC teams in the 12 team playoff. That's just reality whether it's right or wrong.
It will all sort out by the end of the season and I think 5 SEC teams and 3 Big 10 teams get in whenever it’s all said and done. Alabama has a tough schedule so they may end up being the odd man out. Texas, Ole Miss, and Missouri should be locks just based on how weak their schedules are. Georgia looks like the best team in the country once again so that makes 4. That is going to leave Tennessee as the other team in from the SEC just based on strength of schedule compared to Alabama. Especially if we beat them head to head. Realistically, the only team we should lose to is Georgia, but we all know nothing is guaranteed in this sport.

Our defense has not allowed a touchdown since late in the fourth quarter of the Vanderbilt game last season. 12 consecutive quarters without allowing a touchdown. It will probably reach 16 by the time we play Oklahoma.

VN Store

Back