The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Wife suffered cardiac arrest first of June, fortunatly it occurred while she was in ER
she had pacemakrer installed that month and then had ablation six weeks ago
very difficult recovery and still unable to drive

im still tying to learn my way around grocery,big box stores

no longer hearing complaints about how much time I spend watching baseball
taking wife to cardiologist for ultrasound of carotid arterties
third trip in three days to heart docs

Very sorry to hear this AV. Hoping all goes well with the recovery and best wishes for you and your family.

This just part of the weather alert for Atlanta:

- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Devastating to Catastrophic - Extreme rainfall flooding may prompt numerous evacuations and rescues. - Rivers and tributaries may overwhelmingly overflow their banks in many places with deep moving water. Small streams, creeks, canals, arroyos, and ditches may become raging rivers. In mountain areas, deadly runoff may rage down valleys while increasing susceptibility to rockslides and mudslides. Flood control systems and barriers may become stressed. - Flood waters can enter numerous structures within multiple communities, some structures becoming uninhabitable or washed away. Numerous places where flood waters may cover escape routes. Streets and parking lots become rivers of raging water with underpasses submerged. Driving conditions become very dangerous. Numerous road and bridge closures with some weakened or washed out.

I can't tell if they are being overly cautious, so I'm taking it somewhat seriously.
GT Campus is absolutely freaking out though because of alerts like this.

This just part of the weather alert for Atlanta:

- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Devastating to Catastrophic - Extreme rainfall flooding may prompt numerous evacuations and rescues. - Rivers and tributaries may overwhelmingly overflow their banks in many places with deep moving water. Small streams, creeks, canals, arroyos, and ditches may become raging rivers. In mountain areas, deadly runoff may rage down valleys while increasing susceptibility to rockslides and mudslides. Flood control systems and barriers may become stressed. - Flood waters can enter numerous structures within multiple communities, some structures becoming uninhabitable or washed away. Numerous places where flood waters may cover escape routes. Streets and parking lots become rivers of raging water with underpasses submerged. Driving conditions become very dangerous. Numerous road and bridge closures with some weakened or washed out.

I can't tell if they are being overly cautious, so I'm taking it somewhat seriously.
GT Campus is absolutely freaking out though because of alerts like this.
😂 They acting like the Wrath of God is coming to America.

Last edited:
Eh, looks like Hotlanta going get hard by the rain according to Weather Channel. Ole Drew might be rite on this one.
Hopefully those that live there (State of GA) have heard of umbrellas.
I would think @MAD has the bigger problem from the winds & rain first. But yeah, I agree, it's a good time to dust off that Ark that's been hiding in the garage for awhile now.

Last edited:
Hopefully those that live there (State of GA) have heard of umbrellas.
I would think @MAD has the bigger problem from the winds & rain first. But yeah, I agree, it's a good time to dust off that Ark that's been hiding in the garage for awhile now.
Where does @MAD shack up? For some reason I was thinking he was in Texas.

VN Store

Back