The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Lots of folk don’t realize inner city Crescents have a New Yawkish accent.
I love language things like New Yawkish and Jaw Ja so... haha and lolz

eta: Tenn not a yankee state because of their accent and history, but I like to tease people in NC that they are Yankees because they have the word North in their in their name.

This is what I was posting about earlier about Tenn. The threat there is still very, VERY high.

Imagine the force of that mud/water. That house would have been taken off it's foundation if that slide hit it at that speed. GA didn't have anything like that to deal with. Mountain areas, because they are rural don't get the press they deserve imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Dats dat deep bayou garble, one generation removed from French.
I actually work on having all southern accents and NGL, my Cajun bayou marble garble is not good.

I think it's funny that many actors in hollywood THINK they can do a southern accent, but in reality, they don't pick a state or region and learn that specific one. I can't stand when someone thinks they can do a Texas accent and can't even SAY the word Texas with a Texan accent.

haha on marble garble because that's what I think of when I do the accent - mouth full of marbles plus cajun

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back