The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I would & still do eat those mixed in w/the mashed potatoes.
As a kid/child I would mix them in to mashed potatoes to make them tolerable. At some point my mom started steaming all vegetables and it was a game changer for everything but okra, rhubarb and something else. Deep fried okra, make it fine, but we don't really deep fry anything.

With cornbread & a glass of buttermilk too?
I love corn bread so very much. It's like eating some kind of cake or muffin.
I don't drink milk and have never tried buttermilk. I'll try some this weekend just to see if I like it. The name alone makes it sound like I would.

I love it when you or anyone else posts food combos btw.

Olives are like eating a hand full of salt, IMO.
It kind of is and I'm sure it's why I crave black olives. I eat a low salt diet, but I also listen to my body and follow my cravings. I think we have taste buds and cravings so our bodies know what to beg for.

Weeks ago it was radishes with? You guessed it, salt.

Not sure why I'm craving peas, but I'll go with the flow.

I love corn bread so very much. It's like eating some kind of cake or muffin.
I don't drink milk and have never tried buttermilk. I'll try some this weekend just to see if I like it. The name alone makes it sound like I would.

I love it when you or anyone else posts food combos btw.
Buttermilk sucks. You have to have the taste for it otherwise it's terrible.
My dad would crumble his cornbread up in his buttermilk & gobble that chit down.
I've tried my best many times to like buttermilk but I just can't drink it. It's nasty to me.

As a kid/child I would mix them in to mashed potatoes to make them tolerable. At some point my mom started steaming all vegetables and it was a game changer for everything but okra, rhubarb and something else. Deep fried okra, make it fine, but we don't really deep fry anything.
Rhubarb? Now, that's something I haven't heard of in a 1,000 years.

Buttermilk sucks. You have to have the taste for it otherwise it's terrible.
My dad would crumble his cornbread up in his buttermilk & gobble that chit down.
I've tried my best many times to like buttermilk but I just can't drink it. It's nasty to me.
Only one of my roommates has ever tried it and he hated it.
Hated it enough to not want to re-try it haha.

I've been warned.

It kind of is and I'm sure it's why I crave black olives. I eat a low salt diet, but I also listen to my body and follow my cravings. I think we have taste buds and cravings so our bodies know what to beg for.

I like radishes at times. They open up those sinuses pretty well.
I don't recall what I would eat radishes with though.

Only one of my roommates has ever tried it and he hated it.
Hated it enough to not want to re-try it haha.

I've been warned.
Bingo. That's why I put the warning out too. I remember one time I bought a carton of buttermilk & I was determined to drink it & like it. Lol .. I didn't go very far w/that idea.

Reactions: VolPack22

Never heard of someone "craving" peas.

I like them by themselves or with salt or sliced, diced or shredded in a salad. They last a long time too, so if I lived by myself, it'd be the kind of thing I'd clean and keep a bowl of in my refrigerator.

For me personally and as I'm finding out, my roommates, is if there is a whole food that's ready to eat, it's easy to convince yourself to eat as many or as much of an item as possible before giving into chips.

It's how my mom got me off of chips and other processed food.

I swear that I think I crave a crunch as much as anything else. For example, potato chips and doritos are kind of gross to me now. They can be around and I don't want them. I'd rather have strawberries, grapes, radishes, red or green peppers etc

Never heard of someone "craving" peas.
This is the first time it's ever happened. No clue why my body wants what it wants sometimes because it's so specific.

I need to get going to have dinner with my parents and I really, really hope they have key lime pie. I've been wanting that for over a week....

I like them by themselves or with salt or sliced, diced or shredded in a salad. They last a long time too, so if I lived by myself, it'd be the kind of thing I'd clean and keep a bowl of in my refrigerator.

For me personally and as I'm finding out, my roommates, is if there is a whole food that's ready to eat, it's easy to convince yourself to eat as many or as much of an item as possible before giving into chips.

It's how my mom got me off of chips and other processed food.

I swear that I think I crave a crunch as much as anything else. For example, potato chips and doritos are kind of gross to me now. They can be around and I don't want them. I'd rather have strawberries, grapes, radishes, red or green peppers etc
Give me a fresh bag of Wavy Lay's potato chips & a can of French onion dip & I'm in 10 minute heaven. Don't forget the Coke Zero to wash it all down.

What did you wish for?

Heavily salt and peppered with onion, celery, green, yeller, and red peppers is delicious. Had some last night for a late night snack.

Lay off the brownies and ice cream “suns out guns out” fellers.

VN Store

Back