The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Wedding itself is at 11am, reception is listed as 2:30-11pm !?! Certainly doesn’t need to be that long.
Sorry fam but I’m phoning in sick. Wedding planners have one job outside of planning weddings: know when the most important football games are being played and advise against scheduling weddings on those days. These schedules are made far in advance and there is really no excuse for it. As soon as I know one of my family members have gotten engaged I immediately tell them that if it is planned on a Tennessee Gameday and it’s not a cupcake game then don’t expect me to be at your wedding.

The damn reception is scheduled for 8.5 hours. The football game won’t be on more than half that time. Tell them F@&$ off.
If there are enough people there, they’ll never miss you hiding in the corner somewhere. The wife might take exception.
I was instructed when I got married to make my dog house a place I wanted to be. He said, as males we will all end up there eventually for random, unknown reasons.

If there are enough people there, they’ll never miss you hiding in the corner somewhere. The wife might take exception.
I was instructed when I got married to make my dog house a place I wanted to be. He said, as males we will all end up there eventually for random, unknown reasons.
Nice sleeper sofa in the man cave.

I never sleep somewhere else. My philosophy has always been, you’re the one that’s mad about something, you find somewhere else to sleep if I’m so bad.
They will get over themselves at some point and then apologize the next day for being upset at you begging you not to leave them.

My hope today is that @Volprofch05 rebels against the wedding ceremony/reception, Lance Heard learns how to block and keep up with the tempo, playcalling is spot on, Nico hits some deep balls and runs for chunk plays without holding penalties. Also that Dylan Sampson gets another 100 yards and 3 TDs. I know, that’s a lot to ask for…

Oh, the wife will be pissed, no doubt.
With that said, you have to weigh the risks vs the rewards.
Wife not talking to you for a week vs watching the 3rd Saturday in October battle!

Sounds like a win win to me...
😜

Cleveland blew a golden opportunity to take control of the series last night. Mets showed some life. Mets will have their best pitcher going while the Dodgers are showing undecided. Guess it might be a bullpen game.
Yes, BP game Dodgers weren't interested in the game last evening. Mookie lethargically going after the baseball in OF. They still have this series under control.

Don't listen to these clowns @Volprofch05 . Family functions first in the end it's still just a game. No matter who your team is playing. Yea I said it, FAMILY first.
The only reason that they invite so many people is to increase the numbers of wedding gifts. Yes I said that.

Sorry fam but I’m phoning in sick. Wedding planners have one job outside of planning weddings: know when the most important football games are being played and advise against scheduling weddings on those days. These schedules are made far in advance and there is really no excuse for it. As soon as I know one of my family members have gotten engaged I immediately tell them that if it is planned on a Tennessee Gameday and it’s not a cupcake game then don’t expect me to be at your wedding.
Ye I'm positive these Women and Men who plan weddings are worried about when a Sporting Event is being played.

VN Store

Back