The Everything Fantasy Football Thread

todays ff lesson: never pizz off the ff gods. they will inflict revenge

its the last week of my work ff league and I'm in 2nd place. With a win and enough points that were in reach I can get 1st place going into the playoffs. Lose and I get 2nd place but no worries, 1st and 2nd get a bye. I look at the potential match ups and being in 2nd it looked like I'd get the team that was just smoking thru the second half of the year. I really really dont want to play him. I get this great idea on the last game of the weekend - I drop a player, bench JK Dobbins, pick up some no name Balt player and start him. Seals up 2nd seed. Yep it works. After intentionally throwing the game I get the 2nd seed. But there's a problem.........the team I didnt want ended up leapfrogging another team and viola, he's in my bracket. He wins his first game and this past week was our game. Our game comes down to Monday nite. I have Pitts D/ST and only need 17 pts to win. Yeah you guessed it - I got 15. Just cruel.

Let this be a lesson. Never throw a game. The gods will not be kind to you. Learn from my mistake

todays ff lesson: never pizz off the ff gods. they will inflict revenge

its the last week of my work ff league and I'm in 2nd place. With a win and enough points that were in reach I can get 1st place going into the playoffs. Lose and I get 2nd place but no worries, 1st and 2nd get a bye. I look at the potential match ups and being in 2nd it looked like I'd get the team that was just smoking thru the second half of the year. I really really dont want to play him. I get this great idea on the last game of the weekend - I drop a player, bench JK Dobbins, pick up some no name Balt player and start him. Seals up 2nd seed. Yep it works. After intentionally throwing the game I get the 2nd seed. But there's a problem.........the team I didnt want ended up leapfrogging another team and viola, he's in my bracket. He wins his first game and this past week was our game. Our game comes down to Monday nite. I have Pitts D/ST and only need 17 pts to win. Yeah you guessed it - I got 15. Just cruel.

Let this be a lesson. Never throw a game. The gods will not be kind to you. Learn from my mistake
Try to win every game. Then it ain’t a problem

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Corey Davis’ BIG FAT 0 is gonna screw me out of winning the League title and $400. Hoping Diggs for Buffalo tonight won’t put up 10 points
Ha. Well guessing you're as disappointed as I am. Went into this game with about a fifty point lead. Between Diggs and Allen going to lose by about fifty. Oh well. Makes it easier knowing there's nothing else I could have done.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Ha. Well guessing you're as disappointed as I am. Went into this game with about a fifty point lead. Between Diggs and Allen going to lose by about fifty. Oh well. Makes it easier knowing there's nothing else I could have done.
Yep. That 50 yarder just before halftime got me. Between Davis, Tonyan and Marvin Jones Jr I got 2 points. Last week they got me 45.🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah. I had to drop keenan allen, and julio jones. Both hurt. A weak zeke, hurt antonio gibson and murray worse game of the year. Lucky to still be in it. Guess second is better than last! But I hate losing! Ha.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
In 4 leagues. In the championship in 3. And playing for the first draft pick in my dynasty league in the 4th. Went 0-4. No championship and 2nd pick. Horrible week. Looking forward to next year.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Yeah. I had to drop keenan allen, and julio jones. Both hurt. A weak zeke, hurt antonio gibson and murray worse game of the year. Lucky to still be in it. Guess second is better than last! But I hate losing! Ha.
Dang man. You had a squad. I sat Russel Wilson and decided to pick up Mitch Trubisky . Never thought I’d type that.

Dang man. You had a squad. I sat Russel Wilson and decided to pick up Mitch Trubisky . Never thought I’d type that.
Yeah I had kelce and ekeler and justin jefferson too. Rough year though. I was always projected with the highest score in the league every week and put up the most points during the season but also had the most put up against me. Went into playoffs at 6-7.

Yeah I had kelce and ekeler and justin jefferson too. Rough year though. I was always projected with the highest score in the league every week and put up the most points during the season but also had the most put up against me. Went into playoffs at 6-7.
That’s some crazy bad luck. I went 9-4 w/ the fourth highest points and tied for 1st. I drafted the WR position poorly w/ Godwin and then I had George Kittle miss almost all of the season. Russell Wilson and Dalvin Cook carried my team all season.

That’s some crazy bad luck. I went 9-4 w/ the fourth highest points and tied for 1st. I drafted the WR position poorly w/ Godwin and then I had George Kittle miss almost all of the season. Russell Wilson and Dalvin Cook carried my team all season.
Fantasy football is like plumbing for me. You can do everything right, have all the right tools, and something will still go to sh!t.

I finished 2nd in the league when I was the 6th seed at 6-7 as well.

I finished 2nd in the league when I was the 6th seed at 6-7 as well.
I went in at the fifth seed and guy that beat me went in as seventh seed. He had his best games in the playoffs. Frustrating but that's what counts. We're usually a twelve team league but went to ten this year. Hoping to go back to twelve. It's too easy for the people that don't work as hard to have decent teams.

Might as well warm this thread back up.

Have a couple of dynasty rookie drafts in early August. Redraft leagues a little later.

Condolences to any Akers owners - keeper/dynasty.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N

VN Store

Back