The fact that people are criticizing us for being "classless" is a sign we are elite

I figured there’d be more said about calling timeout at the end of the first quarter to score again instead of letting the clock run out than the onside kick. That was a coach decision not a players training. I’m good with what the coach decides anyway, just curious to me what folks get riled up about.

Everyone else can suck it. I suppose we should apologize for giving the bottom-feeding, window licking garbage from other fanbases the impression that any of us care what they think.

Half of those types of comments come from pearl-clutching Karens from Alabama and Georgia who wouldn’t know “class” if it walked up to them and asked to speak to their manager.

To quote one of the best offensive mind of his time .. “ It’s not my job to stop my team from scoring , it’s yours , if you don’t like it , do something about it .” They all loved it when Spurrier was doing it .

I think the onside kick should be considered a classy move. Onside kicks are only recovered 24% of the time, so we gave Kent St a 76% chance to start with great field position. Seems pretty sympathetic to me, not cruel. Its only cruel we didn't do it for every kick off for the remainder of the game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I kinda think we need to beat somebody we aren’t supposed to before we use a word like elite.
Somehow I discern that if we run the table to a natty, you’ll find something to feel uncomfortable about and you will have no problem correcting the forum.

Got a new avi idea for ya:

Scantily @Clad in Big Orange

IMG_5639.jpeg

Reactions: MAD and VFL-82-JP
One thing this board has never been short of and that's fans telling other fans what kind of fans they should be.

Somebody please put together a list of actions and situations acceptable for such actions so we can all be proper fans that represent the Tennessee Volunteers in such a manner that no one including our own, will consider us obnoxious and or classless.

Georgia, Florida, Ala**** and other SEC teams are considered obnoxious and classless by many of us and I've heard from a reliable source that their feelers are hurt and they want to do whatever possible to change the narrative just for us.

Thanks.

We have a board full of karens and pearl clutchers. Every one of you deep down loves to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth from other teams online. Every single one of you would have run over small children to get on that field against Kent State. Which of you would take a knee up by 50 if you were handed the ball in the backfield?
<iframe src="Football Baby GIF by The Dude Perfect Show - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="312" style="" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We will find out a lot more about our team in Oklahoma. Not had any competition so far.
Some will continue with this trope as we advance through the schedule. Two weeks ago it was "We will find out a lot about Tennessee when they play NC State, a top 25 team instead of that FCS school Chattanooga." Next Monday after he beat the Sooners by 21+ it will be "Well Oklahoma is down this year, their O line and receiving corp was banged up. We won't really find out if the Vols are real until they play Alabama, they haven't played real competition yet." It will go on like that until if and when we lose one then it will be, "See I told you the Vols were fools gold, all that hype was just that hype." This is the best team we have had in at least two decades, let's just enjoy every victory and butt whoopin' we can for as long as we can. Many of us have waited a very long time for this! Go rain on Kiffin's parade if you are compelled to be a Debbie downer. GBO!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Kent was a good Live Practice game. SO, UT practiced things that you do in games; an onside kick could be called for down the road. So, you practice it live, which cannot be duplicated in regular practice. Tennessee offered to shorten the second half; let the clock run, (That is class) Kent declined.

Pretty sure CJH mentioned to the play by play guys earlier in the week, that their maybe an onside kick when given the right look. Kinda a bad look we were up 30-0 when we did it, but i love accepting the Villain role in CFB.

And I'm loving it! By the way, what did we do that was classless? We scored 6 points in the 2nd half and played a lot of people. Trying an onside kick wasn't classless. Teams schedule this sort of game so they can work on stuff.
That's exactly why u schedule these games, hell I'm disappointed that we didn't get a chance to fake a punt.

VN Store

Back