The Golf Thread

Played A LOT with Melson..........Great dude!

I know who your talking about!👍
I've played with Melson on and off since I was 15 and he was 13. 40+ years. Got to know JP when I moved back to Middle Tennessee 20 years ago. He's from Chattanooga but has worked at Arnold AFB since he retired from the Marines

Reactions: peaygolf
I've played with Melson on and off since I was 15 and he was 13. 40+ years. Got to know JP when I moved back to Middle Tennessee 20 years ago. He's from Chattanooga but has worked at Arnold AFB since he retired from the Marines
If you ever played in section events......we might have played together..

JM and I worked together at Oprylands course back in the early 90's.

I saw the father of our recent State Amateur champion make TWO double eagles in 2 rounds of a tournament one time. Around 1983-1984

Amazing! I have the double eagle carded, had it since 1993, but after 50 years of playing I still don’t have the Ace. So close so many times, but *sigh* no cigar.

That's even more nuts.
Let me make it more clear. One each day. Yes, an anomaly. In Saturday, it was a 3 wood....yes actually persimmon. On Sunday, a 3 iron. Both shots were solid strikes right at it. The 3 wood hit just short of the fringe and rolled up like a putt into the hole. The three iron hit about 15feet and tracked into the hole. Haig Ultra forged blade

Reactions: peaygolf
I've talked to some courses in and around Knoxville and talked to local businesses and radio talk shows. I want to put on a VolNation Captain Choice tournament and I mentioned it here a few months back. Got some awesome feedback, great ideas and we will probably have a radio show broadcast live from the location. I'm looking around April 2025 4 man scramble. More info to come later. Will probably schedule with a home baseball weekend series in town.

I've talked to some courses in and around Knoxville and talked to local businesses and radio talk shows. I want to put on a VolNation Captain Choice tournament and I mentioned it here a few months back. Got some awesome feedback, great ideas and we will probably have a radio show broadcast live from the location. I'm looking around April 2025 4 man scramble. More info to come later. Will probably schedule with a home baseball weekend series in town.
That would be awesome!

After 20 years of futility, I finally just gave up jumping through their hoops.

I keep trying but looks like it’s never gonna happen. Maybe I subconsciously didn’t even hit the submit button this year but I know I selected the ticket preferences.

I keep trying but looks like it’s never gonna happen. Maybe I subconsciously didn’t even hit the submit button this year but I know I selected the ticket preferences.
I went to the tournament in 2010 and haven’t been back since. All my friends that get tickets keep taking their wives lol.

I went to the tournament in 2010 and haven’t been back since. All my friends that get tickets keep taking their wives lol.

I haven’t been since 2008 I think. My buddy’s family owns a petroleum distribution business and get tickets every year. He took a few of us that year.

VN Store

Back