The "I can't sleep" night before the first game thread. (admittedly off topic)

I have to say. Its been an off season of ups and downs between watching the bowl games and not seeing my team through the coaching search to the patiently waiting for the season to begin.

But we are finally here! GBO! Go Team 117!

I've taken some hefty pain medicine and still can't sleep. I feel this deep-seeded desire to toss a Volkswagen on my left shoulder and go open a T somewhere.

In the oft repeated, never duplicated words of the PoTS Official Partymeister of the mid to late 90s.... IT'S GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I know that guy! Marched for '98 to '01. One of the most memorable an exciting times to be a Vol... Right before we stepped off.

I can't sleep because it's gameday --- Check

Packing and badging the vehicle for the trip down 40 -- Check

Pulling out the new VOL gear -- Check

Last edited:
My dog woke me up at 445 to go out this morning. I have been so excited that I can't sleep! I'll be exhausted by the end of this game tonight. I'm not 21 anymore.

My schedule is 6:00pm to 6:00am, so this is my evening and this is the first thing I do when I get home (If I wasn't able to sneak in some interwebz at work :)).

Reactions: 1 person
My dog woke me up at 445 to go out this morning. I have been so excited that I can't sleep! I'll be exhausted by the end of this game tonight. I'm not 21 anymore.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Where is my five hour energy? :)

Yankee,in my morning slumber I just accidentally deleted your post. I hope you and Chris got everything worked out.

I had an extremely hard night sleeping last night.. Went to sleep too late, woke up much much earlier than I wanted. Also woke up about twice too. I may have gotten 4 hours.

VN Store

Back