The Impeachment Thread

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "My dog is a Democrat." I literally couldn't tell if it was an animal rights liberal or a conservative that was insulting democrats, seeing how dogs get free food, free housing, free healthcare, free training, don't do anything but lay around all day doing nothing, yet complain when you get home from work that you were gone too long.

Yo.......Classic stuff right there.....

Reactions: volfanjustin
We have heard from the second this President got elected about impeachment, so excuse me if I don't GAF about your sides newest set of fake allegations.

In 2 weeks when this blows over there will be something else you people try to make up to move forward with an investigation
Tribalism.

You think Trump is going down alone? Ha, I don't think so.

Trump encourages questions to Pence about his own Ukraine calls

That's Trumpspeak for, "You think I'm alone in this mother f$cker? No! You are in as deep as I am! I go down, you go down."

100% chance trump has a vault filled with dirt on every R in Washington. I'm certain he has pictures of Lindsey Graham in a gimp suit, there is no other explanation for his quick jock sniffing turnaround.

LOL

giphy.gif
Is that the same dude? Looks just like his profile pic.

Reactions: Orangeburst
100% chance trump has a vault filled with dirt on every R in Washington. I'm certain he has pictures of Lindsey Graham in a gimp suit, there is no other explanation for his quick jock sniffing turnaround.
Well, another explanation would be that Trump has evidence against the other side and Graham knows that.

I can't believe that even Trump defenders are ok with Trump this morning threatening the people who have exposed this to the whistleblower or to the relevant agencies.

Reactions: tvolsfan
We can legitimately name 5 Dems who should be sitting right next to Trump if you thing he has broken the law.

Can you legitimately name 5 politicians who shouldn’t be kicked out of office for being bought and paid for?? Jesus it’s not like just 1 party is corrupt, it’s just you elected an idiot who surrounded himself with idiots and none of them can shut the F up

Reactions: volfanhill
I can't believe that even Trump defenders are ok with Trump this morning threatening the people who have exposed this to the whistleblower or to the relevant agencies.
It’s the same song and dance by the left. We know the playbook and are not falling for it.

Problem for you is that more and more people are seeing it and support Trump because of this crap. It’s evident by his campaign donations are soaring.

Oh and this is a fact. Not a parody. 😂

So Assange and Snowden are your heroes?

No but they’re not afraid of the government. No where did I say hero, you go to Trump U? You were in the service, you know if you knew f people breaking the law that you had a right to report them and if it’s found out you didn’t your ass was in trouble too

Does it raise a flag with you if he is CIA?
Hard to know what to make of it. It does make sense that this person was in the intelligence community but wasn't staffed by someone hired by Donald Trump. The Trump Administration and the Department of Justice didn't have any leverage over him/her.

No but they’re not afraid of the government. No where did I say hero, you go to Trump U? You were in the service, you know if you knew f people breaking the law that you had a right to report them and if it’s found out you didn’t your ass was in trouble too
Problem with your little fairy tale here is that the President didn't break the law

Officials were “directed” by White House lawyers to “remove the electronic transcript from the computer system in which such transcripts are typically stored,” and load it on to a “separate electronic system” normally used for “classified information of an especially sensitive nature.”

Is it unusual to store something like this call transcript on there? The whistleblower says one White House official described this act as an “abuse of this electronic system, because the call did not contain anything remotely sensitive from a national security perspective.”

The executive order that governs classified information specifically forbids classification in order to protect information that’s embarrassing or otherwise politically sensitive. This is something Congress would want to look at.

This system is highly regulated and protected with the most rigorous safeguards available. The introduction of any materials that don’t meet that very high threshold corrupts the integrity of that system. It’s now going to be under tremendous scrutiny, including by Congress.

This has the potential to make information that should be on the system more vulnerable and expose it to additional eyeballs and to additional risk, which has the potential to do tremendous harm.

An appendix in the whistleblower complaint says, “according to White House officials I spoke with, this was not the first time under this administration that a presidential transcript was placed into this codeword-level system, solely for the purpose of protecting politically sensitive — rather than national security sensitive — information.”

Is placing anything in this system because of its political sensitivity itself an abuse of power? What does it mean that it may have happened multiple times?

It means officials leveraged infrastructure designed to protect our most sensitive secrets to protect the president himself.

What recourse is there at this point?

Congress needs to determine if these calls represented additional attempts by Trump to put his own personal and political interests ahead of the national interest. Congress must also scrutinize whether the preservation of records of those calls on this particular system points to an attempted coverup by those around the president.

VN Store

Back