The Impeachment Thread

He’s a progressive liberal . The more he talks the more it shows . It’s odd to watch them talk about billionaires and their companies being evil , then admit they would vote for one as president . Meh , politics makes for strange bedfellows.
I've never claimed billionaires were evil nor have I spoken out against them. You guys are confused and I see your need to label. I've been a Republican all my life but have voted across the aisle on occasion. At this point, I'm more independent. None of the candidates I mentioned are progressive. Just because Pete's gay doesn't make him progressive. He's a moderate as is Bloomberg and Biden. Sorry, but you haven't got a clue. Just know that I don't support the President. Plenty of Republicans and conservatives don't support him. Well, the more honorable and patriotic anyway

Yea, but he has caught lie after lie in this impeachment trial. Nunes is right behind him on it. These guys love America.
They love Trump more. Why don't they catch the President's lies? They probably have, BUT they don't care. They're far too tribal and promote negative discourse to say "these guys love America". That's the dumbest rationalization I've heard

Did JFK have family other than RFK in his administration? And FTR, I think Bobby was completely qualified to be AG.

Not that I remember. Bobby was a lawyer so I guess legally he was qualified ... of course we have token lawyers here, but I'm not sure anyone would claim they are qualified for AG. My point was that nepotism was tested and apparently a proven practice at least for dem presidents.

Mike Bloomberg's gun-control group just vastly outspent the NRA to help Democrats win in Virginia
Here is what the Bloomberg’s stand for. Mike Bloomberg is a potato head. If president, he’ll also destroy this country.
Trump is doing a pretty good job of it right now. We're more divided than ever and he's a dam traitor. The people I would like to run, won't run. They know better. Congress isn't what it used to be by any measure...I really don't like anyone who might be running, but I'm going to vote for someone, anyone over that f'ing clown you proudly support

I'd think there were any number of generals who would have been better political/military advisers than Biden if you were actually sending an "ally" money to counter a military threat. Biden also had a problem with keeping his mouth zipped with respect to classified information.

I am all for it too. But I don’t think you will like the end result. And as you know I am not a liberal. And let’s just put it this way, if what AM is trying to spin, then we would have already announced witnesses. Mitch would have “sprung” the trap already. He would have done so as soon as the articles were sent over.

I didn't go into detail about my thinking, but obviously it's better to shut down the impeachment than to invite witnesses, draw things out, and risk Trump's mouth or new and dangerous "evidence". However, this isn't like a real trial; this is a political event all about the 2020 elections. Therefore, it may be better to think of that old thing about winning the battle (shutting down the dims) and losing the war (the election ). If the gop is seen as playing hardball to protect Trump then it stands a chance of alienating voters. If the gop is magnanimous and allows witness - including the poison pills that the dims absolutely don't want, it's a risk but with potential major benefits. Somebody needs to be doing some serious risk analysis concerning appearances vs hard ball and where the independent/undecided voters line up for 2020 ... what casts the dems in the most petty and unflattering light. Dims are doing a good job sabotaging themselves - just don't give them the opportunity to score some valid points.

They love Trump more. Why don't they catch the President's lies? They probably have, BUT they don't care. They're far too tribal and promote negative discourse to say "these guys love America". That's the dumbest rationalization I've heard
I’m sure they do love Trump, for what he has done for the country, but I haven’t heard no lies from him at all. You’re going to have to list some lies.

Trump is doing a pretty good job of it right now. We're more divided than ever and he's a damn traitor. The people I would like to run, won't run. They know better. Congress isn't what it used to be by any measure...I really don't like anyone who might be running, but I'm going to vote for someone, anyone over that f'ing clown you proudly support
Yes, Trump is doing a great job, and if he can get his next things done, it will get a lot better with everything. The division was when Obama transformed America illegally. America wasn’t founded the way Obummer changed it, and I sure don’t like it that way now. We were fooled by him in 08. I didn’t vote for him either time. I took a chance on the Republican side, not knowing what they were going to do to America. Trump is the only one that has done, in what I believe in. I don’t get what he has done to you, except that he has tried to help you and your family out financially, so you can live better. He didn’t run to be president of the world, but to be the president of this country only. We haven’t seen anything yet, it is only going to get better, once he gets everything he wants to do done.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
It doesn’t matter why. She wasn’t fired for refusing to blow him. Then it would matter. Why do you think her termination is notable?

Dems have a habit of placing people in cult or god like status. Then if a rep takes action against the person, it takes on all new meaning. Their game has nothing to do with reality - it's just all about perception, appearances, and feelings. It works when when your constituents aren't fact based people ... at least not hard fact. Trump should have cleaned house when he walked in the door; his selections in most positions seem to have been no better than 50/50 (pretty piss poor judge of character for someone who considers himself a leader), but that's better than someone 100% against him.

The house is the power of the purse so the aid is the power of the house. A fictitious hold for the announcement of a fictitious investigation into the Bidens does not qualify for a defense.

BS. The house may appropriate money, but the executive branch is the one that spends and directs it within the guidelines congress sets.

Reactions: VolnJC
Dems have a habit of placing people in cult or god like status. Then if a rep takes action against the person, it takes on all new meaning. Their game has nothing to do with reality - it's just all about perception, appearances, and feelings. It works when when your constituents aren't fact based people ... at least not hard fact. Trump should have cleaned house when he walked in the door; his selections in most positions seem to have been no better than 50/50 (pretty piss poor judge of character for someone who considers himself a leader), but that's better than someone 100% against him.
Trump was a political novice and didn't understand how the system really worked. Most politicians spend decades surrounding themselves with allies that they can call upon, Trump had his voters and a few limp wristed supporters in Washington. I can't wait for another 4 years and hopefully he runs out the nasty swamp creatures like have surfaced during this impeachment trial.

Neither does Parnas. Who elected or appointed that MF'er.

Doesn't matter where feedback comes from so long as it's accurate. But if you want to split hairs, who appointed a guy named Steele? There were any number of people who had Hitler pegged far more accurately than appointed people like Chamberlain, Joe Kennedy, and several others in official capacities.

I've never claimed billionaires were evil nor have I spoken out against them. You guys are confused and I see your need to label. I've been a Republican all my life but have voted across the aisle on occasion. At this point, I'm more independent. None of the candidates I mentioned are progressive. Just because Pete's gay doesn't make him progressive. He's a moderate as is Bloomberg and Biden. Sorry, but you haven't got a clue. Just know that I don't support the President. Plenty of Republicans and conservatives don't support him. Well, the more honorable and patriotic anyway

Pete’s policies make him progressive and Bloomberg is no moderate . I don’t know if you know what a moderate is . Again .. Trump hasn’t taken any of my rights away from me , all the ones you would vote for are telling me they will .

The only people calling Trump a Dictator are the liberals . You know it’s not true because you know what a dictator is and does . Theres no defense here that trump supporters have to make other than the facts that are well established... ALL ambassadors serve the POTUS at his whim . He can recall all or none at any given time of his choosing , without breaking any laws . I know it’s not what you want to hear but Trump is the Commander and Chief

Obama called Trump a 'fascist' during phone call, Sen. Kaine says in new Clinton film

Specifically '"President Obama called me last night and said: 'Tim, remember, this is no time to be a purist. You've got to keep a fascist out of the White House,'" Kaine says'. Straight from the ass's (donkey's) mouth.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321

Buzz off lib

Reactions: volfanjustin
Pete’s policies make him progressive and Bloomberg is no moderate . I don’t know if you know what a moderate is . Again .. Trump hasn’t taken any of my rights away from me , all the ones you would vote for are telling me they will .

It's obvious that USAFGolferVol is a liberal hack similar to Vindman

Reactions: AM64
It's obvious that USAFGolferVol is a liberal hack similar to Vindman

I find it amusing that he’s trying to pass either of those candidates off as “ moderates “ . They may be moderate to the far far left but that’s it . I also find it disturbing if I were to believe he’s been a Republican “ all his life “ and would use the term “ right wingers “ like I saw him use . Not even getting to the , no problems taking our 2a rights issue he keeps avoiding when I bring it up . Im calling BS just for the simple fact I’ve never heard a Republican call anybody .. “ right wingers “

Last edited:
Don't I vaguely remember during Obama's reign that the correct term for changing opinion was "evolved"? Like changed in a progressive manner? Was that just a liberally applied term in vogue before fascists and deplorables came along?

And spending was called “investing”.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back