The Impeachment Thread

Ok that makes sense. I thought you were saying the way the questioning was going to happen broke rules.
I would guess if the House is going to question state employees the Foreign Affairs Committee would take lead and the Intel Committee would be second chair. Having Schitt lead this is more over reach pure and simple.

Apparently you didn’t or didn’t comprehend what you read.
Please correct anything which is wrong here:

1) The whistleblower's complaint submitted to the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, Michael Atkinson, claimed that on the July 25th phone call between Trump and Zelensky, Trump had solicited Zelensky's assistance with investigating Hunter Biden. Trump wanted Zelensky to work with his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, on this investigation.

2) The whistleblower's complaint also claimed that just a few days prior to this phone call, Trump had placed a hold on military aid to the Ukraine, which had already been approved by Congress. This was not publicly known at the time the "whistleblower" submitted this complaint.

3) Finally, the whistleblower's complaint claimed that "The transcript (of the call) was loaded into a separate electronic system that is otherwise used to store and handle classified information of an especially sensitive nature." despite the fact that there was no other classified 'factual' material in the transcript that would have justified a move to a more secure server.

As far as I can tell, all three of those claims made by the "whistleblower" have been proven to be accurate, either by the transcript of the July 25th phone call itself, or through admissions made by the Trump administration since this story broke last week. This "whistleblower" clearly did have a source close to the Trump administration, or perhaps even within the Trump administration, who was privy to the July 25th phone call. Trump is lying when he says that the whistleblower complaint got nothing right. These weren't just lucky guesses, either.

Last edited:

1) The whistleblower's complaint submitted to the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, Michael Atkinson, claimed that on the July 25th phone call between Trump and Zelensky, Trump had solicited Zelensky's assistance with investigating Hunter Biden. Trump wanted Zelensky to work with his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, on this investigation.

2) The whistleblower's complaint also claimed that just a few days prior to this phone call, Trump had placed a hold on military aid to the Ukraine, which had already been approved by Congress. This was not publicly known at the time the "whistleblower" submitted this complaint.

3) Finally, the whistleblower's complaint claimed that "The transcript (of the call) was loaded into a separate electronic system that is otherwise used to store and handle classified information of an especially sensitive nature." despite the fact that there was no other classified 'factual' material in the transcript that would have justified a move to a more secure server.

As far as I can tell, all three of those claims made by the "whistleblower" have been proven to be accurate, either by the transcript of the July 25th phone call itself, or through admissions made by the Trump administration since this story broke last week. This "whisteblower" clearly did have a source close to the Trump administration, or perhaps even within the Trump administration, who was privy to the July 25th phone call. Trump is lying when he says that the whistleblower complaint got nothing right. These weren't just lucky guesses, either.

"Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion man. I'm choosing to believe my alternative facts because they give me the feelz" Signed every Trump leg-humper on volnation.

Should be by the end of next week. I mean aren't we just a day or two away from them FINALLY having Trump?

Yeah, I would think that a at least a working knowledge of the constitution should be expected of a law school graduate. I guess that's why all levels of government are so ****ed up, lawyers make up the majority of bureaucrats and elected officials and they don't even know the base document of our laws.

I’ve passed on your concerns that law schools should give more consideration to having students memorize the text of such a widely disseminated document, rather than studying common law application of equal protection, substantive due process, the commerce clause, privileges and immunities, separation of powers, etc.

They wrote back and just said “tell him he’s basic!”

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunerwadel

Polls....
How about real numbers.

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump's reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee raised $125 million in the third quarter of the year, a presidential fundraising record.

The pro-Trump effort said Tuesday that it has raised more than $308 million in 2019 and has more than $156 million in the bank. Republicans aim to use the fundraising haul to fight off Democrats' impeachment effort.
Former President Barack Obama and the DNC raised just over $70 million in the third quarter of 2011.

APNewsBreak: Trump, RNC raise record $125M in 3rd quarter

As far as I can tell, all three of those claims made by the "whistleblower" have been proven to be accurate, either by the transcript of the July 25th phone call itself, or through admissions made by the Trump administration since this story broke last week. This "whisteblower" clearly did have a source close to the Trump administration, or perhaps even within the Trump administration, who was privy to the July 25th phone call. Trump is lying when he says that the whistleblower complaint got nothing right. These weren't just lucky guesses, either.

1) Trump directed Zelensky to work with Rudy AND Barr.

3) Was the transcript initially place on the normal server and then moved to the higher security one?

Another point: This is not a verbatim transcript. There are several elipses. Plus the length of it suggest that, perhaps, it's around 50% of what it should be, based on the WH claim that it was a 30 minute call.

It would be best if the WH released to Congress in closed session whatever they have stored on the super secure server.

Polls....
How about real numbers.

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump's reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee raised $125 million in the third quarter of the year, a presidential fundraising record.

The pro-Trump effort said Tuesday that it has raised more than $308 million in 2019 and has more than $156 million in the bank. Republicans aim to use the fundraising haul to fight off Democrats' impeachment effort.
Former President Barack Obama and the DNC raised just over $70 million in the third quarter of 2011.

APNewsBreak: Trump, RNC raise record $125M in 3rd quarter

They are trying to set up the narrative that even when he is not removed, he will be considered illegitimate due to the will of the people.

I’ve passed on your concerns that law schools should give more consideration to having students memorize the text of such a widely disseminated document, rather than studying common law application of equal protection, substantive due process, the commerce clause, privileges and immunities, separation of powers, etc.

They wrote back and just said “tell him he’s basic!”

Explains why there are so few good lawyers these days.

Reactions: AM64

Now let’s cut to the story itself and publish the highlights right at the start.

• A plurality of Americans now support impeaching Trump and removing him from office.
  • The partisan divide is huge: 74% of Democrats but just 17% of Republicans back impeachment.
  • By 2-1, those surveyed say there are valid reasons to investigate Joe Biden and his son for their behavior in Ukraine.

Reactions: Obsessed
^^^^^ I can find poll numbers that support the Republican side. See the post above ^^^^^^

Besides, who did they call up and ask this?? I never received a call and was never asked my opinion.

Now let’s cut to the story itself and publish the highlights right at the start.

• A plurality of Americans now support impeaching Trump and removing him from office.
  • The partisan divide is huge: 74% of Democrats but just 17% of Republicans back impeachment.
  • By 2-1, those surveyed say there are valid reasons to investigate Joe Biden and his son for their behavior in Ukraine.

You are missing one HUGE thing. It is an online poll lol

The online poll has a credibility interval of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ssia-robert-mueller-paul-manafort/2442068001/

And the real highlight isn’t stated. Go read the end of the article. The average American is a dumbass with regards to how Impeachment even works 🤷‍♂️

I see now. Pretty bad.

Here is another poll.
Support for impeaching Trump hits new high

In a Monmouth University poll released Tuesday, 49 percent of voters called the impeachment inquiry a “good idea,” while 43 percent said it was a “bad idea.” But only 44 percent said Trump should be forced out of office, fewer than the 52 percent who said he shouldn’t.

VN Store

Back