The Impeachment Thread

Should have articles drawn up by now then. Yet you Dims still seem to be hung up on a failure to launch. Appears your slam dunk analysis isn’t supported by the current state of affairs or you girls would already be voting on articles.
When is the last deadline to primary a Republican congressman in 2020?

That’s when they’ll vote on articles. It’s their best chance to pick off a few Republican votes.
What districts are vulnerable... and to which party might be a better question. I’m pretty sure the Dims in red districts really don’t want to vote on this just before the primary or the general for sure.

What districts are vulnerable... and to which party might be a better question. I’m pretty sure the Dims in red districts really don’t want to vote on this just before the primary or the general for sure.
Any Republican who votes to impeach Trump is vulnerable in a primary, IMO. And apparently in theirs.

Ah ok I missed that as the angle you were pushing. I’d guess that’s a pretty short list compared to exposed Dems?
I don’t know. I don’t really keep up with house districts.

I just think if I’m a democrat strategist I’m eyeballing the week after primary registration deadlines for 2020 house races to hold a vote on articles. I think once X number of republicans know they’re not being primaried, then those guys are more likely to vote their conscience and the senate is even more likely since you can’t vote against them for 6 years.

Just a thought but idk when those deadlines are. February?

I just think if I’m a democrat strategist I’m eyeballing the week after primary registration deadlines for 2020 house races to hold a vote on articles. I think once X number of republicans know they’re not being primaried, then those guys are more likely to vote their conscience and the senate is even more likely since you can’t vote against them for 6 years.

No idea honestly

Different deadlines for different states:
State and federal candidate filing deadlines for 2020 - Ballotpedia

Here is the list of the senators whose seats will be on the ballot in 2020, broken down by party:
Republicans
Lamar Alexander (R-Tennessee)
Shelley Moore Capito (R-West Virginia)
Bill Cassidy (R-Louisiana)
Susan Collins (R-Maine)
John Cornyn (R-Texas)
Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas)
Steve Daines (R-Montana)
Mike Enzi (R-Wyoming)
Joni Ernst (R-Iowa)
Cory Gardner (R-Colorado)
Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina)
Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Mississippi)
-- Hyde-Smith was appointed by Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant to fill the seat vacated by Sen. Thad Cochran who resigned due to health issues. She competed in the 2018 special election to fill the term. CNN projects the race will go to a runoff. Hyde-Smith will compete against Democratic challenger Mike Espy since no candidate received 50% of the vote total. The contest will take place on Tuesday, November 27. A full six-year term election will be held in 2020.
James Inhofe (R-Oklahoma)
Jon Kyl (R-Arizona)
-- It is expected that there will be an open special election in 2020 for the seat because Kyl has said he will not run in 2020. A full six-year term election will take place in 2022.
Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky)
David Perdue (R-GA)
Jim Risch (R-Idaho)
Pat Roberts (R-Kansas)
Mike Rounds (R-South Dakota)
Ben Sasse (R-Nebraska)
Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska)
Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina)

There’s a Surprisingly Plausible Path to Removing Trump From Office

It would take just three Republican senators to turn the impeachment vote into a secret ballot.

Last edited:

Its very kind of you to think any of them have a conscience.

VN Store

Back