The Making of a Murderer

I hope they do a series on the OJ situation. I read a detective's theory a while back that suggested OJ really didn't do it and that his oldest son most likely did. The oldest son is a big guy like OJ and had a history of mental illness and violent outbursts.

FX is doing a mini series on the trial starting 2/2/16 staring Cuba Gooding Jr., David Schwimmer, John Travolta, Sarah Paulson, Courtney Vance, Selma Blair, Kenneth Choi, Jordana Brewster, Malcom Jamal Warner and others.

Thanks clearwater.

Like I said earlier they probably did it but the police made sure they were convicted.

Thanks clearwater.

Like I said earlier they probably did it but the police made sure they were convicted.

There is a big part of me that agrees with you about the police and believes that he deserves a new trial, but I think they got the right guy and I would be hard pressed to pardon this guy. Everyone seems a bit safer with him locked away.

There is a big part of me that agrees with you about the police and believes that he deserves a new trial, but I think they got the right guy and I would be hard pressed to pardon this guy. Everyone seems a bit safer with him locked away.

He and especially his nephew deserve new trials, not pardons. I cannot for the life of me understand how the nephew wasn't granted a new trial due to the actions of his first attorney.

I hope they do a series on the OJ situation. I read a detective's theory a while back that suggested OJ really didn't do it and that his oldest son most likely did. The oldest son is a big guy like OJ and had a history of mental illness and violent outbursts.

OJ did it.. The evidence was overwhelming.. The jury let him off. OJ did not like Goldman banging his old lady.. Revenge is the oldest motivation

Reactions: 1 person
FX is doing a mini series on the trial starting 2/2/16 staring Cuba Gooding Jr., David Schwimmer, John Travolta, Sarah Paulson, Courtney Vance, Selma Blair, Kenneth Choi, Jordana Brewster, Malcom Jamal Warner and others.

Lol. Doc is only thing i am interested in

I find the evidence that his son did it to be very convincing. He was a chef in training (the knife), he was mentally unstable, he didn't like Nicole, the gloves likely fit him (but not OJ), etc.

The evidence is pretty damning against OJ and I don't buy that the gloves didn't fit. But I have looked at the case against his son and its not a bad case.

IMO, Barry Scheck destroyed the reliability of DNA evidence which would not happen today. DNA and the collection methods were in their infancy back then. Today you just show a jury DNA and they are back before you can be seated.

I find the evidence that his son did it to be very convincing. He was a chef in training (the knife), he was mentally unstable, he didn't like Nicole, the gloves likely fit him (but not OJ), etc.

OJ was going to spend the rest of his life looking for the killers.. LOL

Reactions: 2 people
Everybody talks about Brendan's sh*tty attorney being his first attorney. His first attorney got recused after it was found out he was a cousin to Halbech. His second attorney was the POS.

OJ was going to spend the rest of his life looking for the killers.. LOL

Put yourself in his shoes (if his kid did do it). Do you dime on your son or do you pretend to find the killers?

I'm kinda impressed that he didn't dime. Not that it's the right thing but it would take stones in the face of that evidence.

I don't know if Avery did it or not(lean towards not but could see it being true), but there are a few things I'm pretty sure of:

1) The exact story the prosecution came up with(force fed to Brendan) does not line up at all with the evidence. If Avery killed Teresa, it didn't happen like the story they fabricated.

2) Brendan was straight up railroaded. That kid is borderline mentally handicapped, he was scared and he has no willpower of his own. You can tell from the interrogation videos to his conversations with his mom over the phone, he just mumbles and says "yes" to whatever people ask him. Easily the most disgusting part of this whole thing was how they used a young relative of Avery as a pawn to get their revenge. And not giving him a new attorney when his is clearly not on his side? What an abortion of justice.

Of course, they go after his girlfriend too. They **** with her enough to make her stop seeing Steven. These guys have no morals at all.

3) The cops, the prosecution, and the courts worked hand in hand to screw Avery because of how they were embarrassed by his release from prison. They did some shady, illegal, immoral **** to try and get a conviction.

4) There was not enough evidence to convict Avery. In America, to be convicted you should have to be guilty beyond reasonable doubt and the evidence has to support that. It is nowhere near that one sided. There's no, "well, maybe he did it... let's convict him just to be safe." Like I said, I don't know whether he did anything or not, but the triad of corruption working against him behaved so badly here that it should honestly have never even made it to court.

Shout out to ***** voice Ken Kratz and Super Lawyer Len for coming out of this looking like bigger dirtbags than a possible murderer.

Last edited:
Mercy, do some research on your own. Don't accept the documentary as the unbiased truth. It has its own issues. There is plenty of evidence to convict. There is also enough doubt for a reasonable jury to acquit.

Why would the cops change the hood on Halbach's car? How did they manage to plant Avery's sweat on the hood.

I think he is mentally deficient and was taken advantage of by Avery and the police. In my opinion, minors should never be allowed to be questioned by the police outside the presence of their parents, guardian or attorney. I understand, in some states the law doesn't reflect my preference, but any confession obtained outside of such situation should be viewed with suspicion.

I think Brendon deserves a new trial and though i think he may be guilty, i think Avery had a lot of influence over him. For that reason, i could live with a walk or a guilty with time served. I don't think this kid poses a danger without Avery around.

Everybody talks about Brendan's sh*tty attorney being his first attorney. His first attorney got recused after it was found out he was a cousin to Halbech. His second attorney was the POS.

The second attorney sure came off as a complete rube. The scene where his lead investigator manufactures a confession followed by letting Brendan be interrogated without an attorney present is just awful.

The kid may or may not have been involved, but he's got no chance of defending himself. He's been manipulated into so many statements that I'm not sure he can ever get away from his own words.

The second attorney sure came off as a complete rube. The scene where his lead investigator manufactures a confession followed by letting Brendan be interrogated without an attorney present is just awful.

The kid may or may not have been involved, but he's got no chance of defending himself. He's been manipulated into so many statements that I'm not sure he can ever get away from his own words.

This is one of my many issues with the death penalty. Several states such as Texas and GA execute retarded defendants.

In Texas, and this is no bullspit, the standard by which the last inmate was judged to be "smart" enough to execute was that the court felt he seemed more intelligent than Lenny from Of Mice and Men. So the standard for being too retarded to execute is that you must be similar to a fictional character in an 80 year old novella?

I've not been watching, but it seems to me that a documentary series about how a person who committed a crime and was rightly convicted would be really boring and not make any money.

Reactions: 1 person

The system is ****ed

According to an Innocence Project analysis of 225 wrongful-conviction cases cleared by DNA evidence, 23 percent were based on false confessions. Data from the National Registry of Exonerations places false confessions at the root of 13 percent of all exonerations, with the highest rate (22 percent) for homicide cases. False confessions were a factor in eight percent of exonerations for sexual assault.

For juveniles, the false confession rate is even higher.A 2005 analysis of 340 exonerations found 42 percent of juvenile cases involved false confessions. A 2013 analysis from the National Registry of Exonerations put the percentage of juvenile exonerations involving false confession at 38 percent.

A Huffington Post roundup of false-confession news from 2015 shows case after case where those who confessed were teenagers. There's Bobby Johnson, who in September was exonerated after falsely confessing to murder at age 16 and spending 9 years in prison. There's Davontae Sanford, who was just 14 when he confessed to a quadruple murder at a crack house and has spent nearly a decade in prison although a hitman guilty of at least eight other murders also took credit for these crimes. The Center on Wrongful Convictions and Michigan's Innocence Clinic have been petitioning for a new trial for Sanford.

In December, Donovan Allen was exonerated by DNA evidence, becoming the 334th American exonerated by DNA. In 1990, Allen, then 18, falsely confessed to the murder of his mom.

There are many psychological reasons why minors are succeptible to being coerced into false confessions, but one practical factor that shouldn't be discounted is improper interrogation practices. An 2014 paper in Law and Human Behavior analyzed 57 teen interrogations from 17 different police jurisdictions and found a parent present just 12 percent of the time and a lawyer present for none.

https://reason.com/blog/2016/01/05/false-confessions-like-brendan-dasseys

According to an Innocence Project analysis of 225 wrongful-conviction cases cleared by DNA evidence, 23 percent were based on false confessions. Data from the National Registry of Exonerations places false confessions at the root of 13 percent of all exonerations, with the highest rate (22 percent) for homicide cases. False confessions were a factor in eight percent of exonerations for sexual assault.

For juveniles, the false confession rate is even higher.A 2005 analysis of 340 exonerations found 42 percent of juvenile cases involved false confessions. A 2013 analysis from the National Registry of Exonerations put the percentage of juvenile exonerations involving false confession at 38 percent.

A Huffington Post roundup of false-confession news from 2015 shows case after case where those who confessed were teenagers. There's Bobby Johnson, who in September was exonerated after falsely confessing to murder at age 16 and spending 9 years in prison. There's Davontae Sanford, who was just 14 when he confessed to a quadruple murder at a crack house and has spent nearly a decade in prison although a hitman guilty of at least eight other murders also took credit for these crimes. The Center on Wrongful Convictions and Michigan's Innocence Clinic have been petitioning for a new trial for Sanford.

In December, Donovan Allen was exonerated by DNA evidence, becoming the 334th American exonerated by DNA. In 1990, Allen, then 18, falsely confessed to the murder of his mom.

There are many psychological reasons why minors are succeptible to being coerced into false confessions, but one practical factor that shouldn't be discounted is improper interrogation practices. An 2014 paper in Law and Human Behavior analyzed 57 teen interrogations from 17 different police jurisdictions and found a parent present just 12 percent of the time and a lawyer present for none.

This is why no minor should be questioned outside the presence of his/her parents, guardian or lawyer.

VN Store

Back