The Making of a Murderer

The second attorney sure came off as a complete rube. The scene where his lead investigator manufactures a confession followed by letting Brendan be interrogated without an attorney present is just awful.

The kid may or may not have been involved, but he's got no chance of defending himself. He's been manipulated into so many statements that I'm not sure he can ever get away from his own words.

If you haven't finished the series yet, they go into more detail about that situation. His conduct should have gotten him disbarred.

I've not been watching, but it seems to me that a documentary series about how a person who committed a crime and was rightly convicted would be really boring and not make any money.

Probably true and it's never as clear cut as a CSI episode. But I would be interested to get your take after seeing some of the tactics. I fully acknowledge that this has a slant to it, but some of the stuff seems like JV level legal missteps.

If you haven't finished the series yet, they go into more detail about that situation. His conduct should have gotten him disbarred.

I'm on episode 6. Of all the allegations and missteps portrayed, I think so far the treatment and defense of the kid is the most legally derelict thing I've seen.

I'm on episode 6. Of all the allegations and missteps portrayed, I think so far the treatment and defense of the kid is the most legally derelict thing I've seen.

Keep watching. It's not until either 9 or 10 when they expose more on that situation. It's probably worse than you've imagined.

Probably true and it's never as clear cut as a CSI episode. But I would be interested to get your take after seeing some of the tactics. I fully acknowledge that this has a slant to it, but some of the stuff seems like JV level legal missteps.

I really have not watched any of it. I did see the two producers this morning on CNN. It seemed evident to me that they are in part motivated by some of the larger issues raised here about the inexactitude of "the system," and how a person can be let down by their own lawyers, etc.

I'm not saying that this means any of their reporting is wrong, I really don't know enough about it. But I think their apparent larger motivation to attack the system is a fact to take into account when you watch it and start arriving at conclusions.

It would be the same if MSNBC ran a piece on the background of the 2016 GOP nominee. Their perspective and motivation might not yield the inevitable conclusion that the reporting is wrong. But it would be something to take into account as you watched and arrived at conclusions about the overall point.

If you guys haven’t seen Convicting a Murderer you should. It covers all the stuff they left out of the Netflix documentary. Examples

Steven Avery molested multiple children in his family included his nephew Brandon Dassey.

Steven was calling the victim using star 69 on multiple occasions prior to her murder.

Steven Avery beat his wife and then when she left him, he beat his gf too.

Steven Avery had a bon fire the night TH went missing, lied about the fire to police, and then her remains were found in that fire, and dna matched back to her.

A lot more stuff than that too, but it makes it obvious why he was convicted and got a life sentence. Because he was very clearly guilty

Reactions: Pennheel
If you guys haven’t seen Convicting a Murderer you should. It covers all the stuff they left out of the Netflix documentary. Examples

Steven Avery molested multiple children in his family included his nephew Brandon Dassey.

Steven was calling the victim using star 69 on multiple occasions prior to her murder.

Steven Avery had a bon fire the night TH went missing, lied about the fire to police, and then her remains were found in that fire, and dna matched back to her.

A lot more stuff than that too, but it makes it obvious why he was convicted and got a life sentence. Because he was very clearly guilty

Where can you watch it?

I cant remember where, but I had heard about #2 and #4 on your list. 1 and 3 I hadnt.

I cant remember where, but I had heard about #2 and #4 on your list. 1 and 3 I hadnt.

Yeah, to be fair to Making a Murderer they did cover 4, partially. Because I remember his nephew talking about coming over for a bonfire. But they didn’t cover Steven lying to police about the bonfire before the police even knew her body had been burned

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
This is the women he was seeing in the documentary that they accused police of scaring away. Instead it seems like she left while he was locked up because of multiple threats he made to murder her. This wasn’t covered in making a murderer although the threats he made to murder his wife were.

Also regarding his wife, while in prison his brother admits that Steven would have him (his teenage brother) sleep with his wife on the phone for him to hear.

Obviously these things don’t show guilt specifically but it does show he was a violent sexual deviant. The kind of person who would rape and murder a woman.
1698490890888.jpeg

VN Store

Back