The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Yeah, it could be that theathletic has it out for Keon since they alone have published a few semi-hit pieces lately. We shall find out soon.
Lol I think you're looking into it too much. Don't think The Athletic "has it out" for Keon. They probably just aren't as big of fans of his offensive game and his overall ceiling aside from his athleticism.

FWIW, Keon's stock has slipped some in multiple mock drafts, not just The Athletic. Saw him on Sports Illustrated's at No. 16 to the Thunder, then he was like 24th to Houston in CBS, which I would be SHOCKED if he fell that far.

Maybe he will withdraw from the draft and return to UT for another season - we’ve still got a scholarship open for him!

FWIW, Keon's stock has slipped some in multiple mock drafts, not just The Athletic. Saw him on Sports Illustrated's at No. 16 to the Thunder, then he was like 24th to Houston in CBS, which I would be SHOCKED if he fell that far.
ESPN has him going 16. Springer goes with the last pick of the first round.

The Athletic had them going 23 and 24.

Yikes...on top of our brutal OOC schedule, we get road games with Bama, Arkansas, UK and LSU in addition to home games with Arkansas, Auburn, UK, and LSU.

I think I'd take a 4-4 split with those 8 games.
At least we get South Carolina and Vanderbilt twice. I’d like 4-0 or 3-1 at worst

Yikes...on top of our brutal OOC schedule, we get road games with Bama, Arkansas, UK and LSU in addition to home games with Arkansas, Auburn, UK, and LSU.

I think I'd take a 4-4 split with those 8 games.
I broke it down in another thread, Florida and Auburn are projected higher than Arkansas & LSU and we get those 2 at home…not a cupcake draw but definitely could’ve been worse. Hopefully the scheduling dates don’t put any rough 4-5 game stretches together.

Reactions: Ryno14
Bottom line is the SEC has become much stronger in basketball. 6-8 years back you only worried about the cats and a couple others. Now there’s not many sure wins to be circled on the schedule. Makes for a more exciting regular season

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
I broke it down in another thread, Florida and Auburn are projected higher than Arkansas & LSU and we get those 2 at home…not a cupcake draw but definitely could’ve been worse. Hopefully the scheduling dates don’t put any rough 4-5 game stretches together.
I have a really hard time placing Florida ahead of Arkansas, certainly, and even LSU.

Florida lost 3 of their top 5 scorers, we have no idea what K. Johnson will be in his return, and they also lost another 4 contributors to transfer and replaced them with less than stellar players. Kowacie Reeves is their only newcomer that I'd want on our roster. Not to mention that Mike White is still their coach.

I won't be surprised to see UF go 9-9 in conference.

I have a really hard time placing Florida ahead of Arkansas, certainly, and even LSU.

Florida lost 3 of their top 5 scorers, we have no idea what K. Johnson will be in his return, and they also lost another 4 contributors to transfer and replaced them with less than stellar players. Kowacie Reeves is their only newcomer that I'd want on our roster. Not to mention that Mike White is still their coach.

I don’t necessarily disagree, just saying what the model rankings show.

Reactions: cncchris33

Isn’t Florida a wild card depending on if the player with the medical issue can return?

Isn’t Florida a wild card depending on if the player with the medical issue can return?
Yeah, I mentioned him (Keyontae Johnson). Wildcard is a good way of saying it. I just don’t know that we can automatically expect he’ll be the same player he was before. It’s possible, and that would move them up for me.

Yeah, I mentioned him (Keyontae Johnson). Wildcard is a good way of saying it. I just don’t know that we can automatically expect he’ll be the same player he was before. It’s possible, and that would move them up for me.

Also, their coach is still Mike White.

Edit: You said it before me. I read the posts backwards and hadn't read that yet.

Reactions: cncchris33
Nice to see both Keon & Jaden go in the first round. Was hoping someone would take Pons in the 2nd, but I've also felt he's most likely going to spend the majority of his career overseas anyway.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
Haven't seen this posted anywhere in here, which is surprising to me, but:

Yves Pons looks to have signed with the Memphis Grizzlies
Josh Richardson is being traded to the Boston Celtics

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back