The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I still don't see it. Unless his body changes and his skill set is dominating, I don't see any potential beyond a 12th man. (Which is still, admittedly, awesome.)

What could’ve been…

Chet is going to be a bust. Hes way too small. Imagine him going up aginst Embiid, Kat, Gobert just to name a few. I thought he needed another year in college just to get bigger. He barely could handle the strength of college players.

Chet is going to be a bust. Hes way too small. Imagine him going up aginst Embiid, Kat, Gobert just to name a few. I thought he needed another year in college just to get bigger. He barely could handle the strength of college players.
I mean why not get bigger while getting NBA coaching and experience

Reactions: berryvol
I still don't see it. Unless his body changes and his skill set is dominating, I don't see any potential beyond a 12th man. (Which is still, admittedly, awesome.)
I do think his ceiling is probably lower as an NBA player, but as a college player, he could have dominated much like Grant Williams in the right system.

Chet will end up being the best player out of this draft imo. Dude has the best combo of size, skill, and basketball instincts that I can remember seeing in a very long time.
Paolo will give him a run for his money. I originally wanted Paolo over Chet (on OKC), but started changing my attitude about a month before the draft.

There isn’t even a ton of back to the basket guys in the NBA. Chet will be fine. I don’t know if he’ll be a star or anything but he’ll be just fine. He’ll get bigger in the NBA lol.

There isn’t even a ton of back to the basket guys in the NBA. Chet will be fine. I don’t know if he’ll be a star or anything but he’ll be just fine. He’ll get bigger in the NBA lol.
I don't think he'll ever be a back to the basket player to begin with, so long odds that he'll ever be matched up with any of those guys on the block. The dude is just a big guard, pretty much. The spacing in the NBA is going to allow him to play like one. I doubt you'll hardly ever see him trying to post up on Joel Embiid.

Reactions: berryvol
I don't think he'll ever be a back to the basket player to begin with, so long odds that he'll ever be matched up with any of those guys on the block. The dude is just a big guard, pretty much. The spacing in the NBA is going to allow him to play like one. I doubt you'll hardly ever see him trying to post up on Joel Embiid.
Yeah and I do think some players will be able to take advantage of his weight but he will block his fair share of people because of his size. People don’t remember that Rudy Gobert was skinny coming into the leagueC Giannis too. Chet could put on the proper weight. Just a thing of seeing how he fills out.

VN Store

Back