The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

At least this hire has potential upside.

The Harper hire was the opposite. It turned out exactly as what the data predicted. Mediocrity.

I’m fine with the hire. Poaching proven P5 coaches these days in any sport isn’t easy. Everyone has money and resources. Plus, I love how savvy DW is. This contract is next level stuff. Win a natty? Become the highest paid coach in the country immediately? But after year 1 here buyout is cut in half if the high risk hire turns out to be a disaster.

I’m fine with the hire. Poaching proven P5 coaches these days in any sport isn’t easy. Everyone has money and resources. Plus, I love how savvy DW is. This contract is next level stuff. Win a natty? Become the highest paid coach in the country immediately? But after year 1 here buyout is cut in half if the high risk hire turns out to be a disaster.

I also personally LOVE that Kim took that contract, cause you know inside she’s thinking “I’m gonna win that Natty in no time”

Reactions: Lukusw
I’m not so sure if it’s fake or not. That post might be fake. But there are a lot of Arkansas reporters saying it may be true. We’ll know soon enough. Not sure why Cal would give up the cushy $35 million lifetime contract to go to Arkansas….

I’m not so sure if it’s fake or not. That post might be fake. But there are a lot of Arkansas reporters saying it may be true. We’ll know soon enough. Not sure why Cal would give up the cushy $35 million lifetime contract to go to Arkansas….
He has a mitigation clause on the 33 million dollar buyout. So, if he wants to still coach, UK wouldn’t pay that much.

VN Store

Back