The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Bruce talking about Edey being able to camp in the paint against us on College Gameday right now.

I have kinda soured on Bruce over the years but he absolutely rides for the SEC in any chance he gets. Always appreciative for what he brings to the game and has been a great ambassador for the conference at 2 schools now (obvious NCAA idiocy non withstanding)

Damn. I guess it’s better than losing Gainey but Clark seemed to be well liked by the team.
Yeah, I hope we bring in another good offensive mind to replace him. A little surprised Gainey didn’t leave for a head coaching gig, but glad he didn’t. Feel like that would’ve left us without both Gaineys next season.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
The last time we were this close, we added 2 additional future NBA players. Then all hell broke loose. 19-15 record. 30 point NCAAT one and done loss. Coach gets fired. I feel confident that another run at the FF is in the cards. I certainly don’t expect another dumpster fire.
Edit-

I agree TN will be fine but it won’t surprise me if we aren’t as good next season.

Either way, Go Vols!

Last edited:
I’m just a bit down that we came up short again. It happens as it’s sports.

I only think about it when someone discusses the tourney or a customer or colleague brings up the fact their favorite team, Bama, is in the final four.
I agree TN will be fine but it won’t surprise me if we aren’t as good next season.

Either way, Go Vols!
I still day dream about us playing tonight. It’s so tough when it’s so close and you can point to just a couple things that would have swung it. Seems surreal to be as close as we were. I truly believed it was happening.

Reactions: vol94
I have similar emotions but pessimistic in our chances on reaching a final four, especially in the next four years. I truly thought this was the year. For the first time, I’m not excited about football season as it’s playoffs or bust, and I don’t see us being a top 12 team. Sorry for the doom and gloom.

Keep the faith, may happen when you least expect it

I still day dream about us playing tonight. It’s so tough when it’s so close and you can point to just a couple things that would have swung it. Seems surreal to be as close as we were. I truly believed it was happening.
I had already told my son that he and I would attend the final four games. He is a jr @ UT but has a p/t job, so he agreed to purchase his ticket to help with costs.

I think that is what makes it worse as it would have been a cool father-son experience.

Sounds like we're probably losing Rod Clark to Dusty May's new staff at Michigan sadly. Any idea why he'd make that move? Promotion or upgraded title?
I’m curious too. Why is he leaving Barnes and UT as he’s only been on campus for three yrs?

Also, any idea if we will go outside or promote analyst?

I wouldn’t mind having another offensive mind coach but one who is definitely an outstanding recruiter.

I had already told my son that he and I would attend the final four games. He is a jr @ UT but has a p/t job, so he agreed to purchase his ticket to help with costs.

I think that is what makes it worse as it would have been a cool father-son experience.
Ah man. That hurts.

I have similar emotions but pessimistic in our chances on reaching a final four, especially in the next four years. I truly thought this was the year. For the first time, I’m not excited about football season as it’s playoffs or bust, and I don’t see us being a top 12 team. Sorry for the doom and gloom.

Keep in mind that with the covid year players coming off the books, seems like this off-season most teams essentially lose two years worth of guys simultaneously. So, should be a significant exodus. I like our chances to be in the running.

Reactions: vol94
Keep in mind that with the covid year players coming off the books, seems like this off-season most teams essentially lose two years worth of guys simultaneously. So, should be a significant exodus. I like our chances to be in the running.

There is one last Covid eligible class.

I assume some NBA teams are gonna make some strong offers to Hurley and Oats this year. Doubt either considers, but the offer will come

VN Store

Back