The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zander, Loy, Combs, Phillips (probably in that order)
ACES = lots of guys with a 10+ ERA
One would think their bats would be quieter, tomorrow.

But it wouldn’t shock me if they have a repeat performance and then stink up the joint in Omaha to level the averages.

Surely our talent will take over tomorrow as there isn’t one excuse to lose this series. Baseball
Or not! Just my $.02 which isn’t worth much.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Yeah I’ve been to every game. Crowd was fantastic yesterday. I think the 3-0 lead was actually the worst thing, because the crowd immediately sat down, stopped cheering, and were booking their tickets to Omaha and you could tell the team was feeding off that relaxed and lazy feelings as well.
Wish I’d known, would have liked to shake the hand of the MookieMonster. Was there for the regionals and made a note to send you a message when we got to Supers and the day got away from me yesterday.

Don't think so. We got outhit. I think their coach actually committed some pretty bad, inexperienced offenses today that will kill them tomorrow, but hey, it's beisball so we will have to wait and see.
Well he was in a must win situation. Vitello's decision making with the bullpen is not without fault

If I was an Evansville fan, I'd think it looks like the Purple Aces could close this out tomorrow. That's how these two teams look.

One of or hitting problems may be we, are swinging for the fences every abate. The results are we either win by a bunch or lose by a bunch. Swinging for the fences usually doesn't work against junk pitchers.

Nah. Didn't pick UT. Been around long enough to see the signs and know what's coming. If we'd been facing LSU, I suspect we'd see a different score and performance today. Cinderellas are our kryptonite....in various sports. Tomorrow will be tough for our guys. The pressure will be enormous.

If the pitching depths were similar tomorrow could be a long day. They aren't, so I just don't see it happening.

Reactions: Zues1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back