The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the flying **** is this score I just looked up after being out all day

What happened to Bargo? He hasn't seen much playing time lately.
Good question for V. I have been following all the DH talk and yet does anybody look at stats. Bargo played 3rd when Billy was out, like 8-22 with 4 HR in 7 games. Billy comes back and he is shuffled down the line. 36 AB’s in last 30 games. Accept for a game or two, he has had 1 to 2 AB’s when played, kind of hard to be on all the time when your chances are here or there. Chapman is going to be really good, but right now is 1-14 in the tournament. Bradke with a hit today puts him at 1-4, HBP. Peebles 0-0 with a BB and HPB, and Bargo 0-3. Good luck to these guys and their shrink, because they don’t know if they are in or out and what it takes for them to stay in. A lot easier to be a hitter when you know the staff is giving you a chance to run with it and not looking over your shoulder all the time.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Good question for V. I have been following all the DH talk and yet does anybody look at stats. Bargo played 3rd when Billy was out, like 8-22 with 4 HR in 7 games. Billy comes back and he is shuffled down the line. 36 AB’s in last 30 games. Accept for a game or two, he has had 1 to 2 AB’s when played, kind of hard to be on all the time when your chances are here or there. Chapman is going to be really good, but right now is 1-14 in the tournament. Bradke with a hit today puts him at 1-4, HBP. Peebles 0-0 with a BB and HPB, and Bargo 0-3. Good luck to these guys and their shrink, because they don’t know if they are in or out and what it takes for them to stay in. A lot easier to be a hitter when you know the staff is giving you a chance to run with it and not looking over your shoulder all the time.
I think the Bargo issue was a very high SO rate, at least to some degree. He gave Backus some chances, but too many SO’s in high leverage situations. Not getting bats to balls are rally killers. I noticed that for the season Evansville only had around 6 SO’s per game and yesterday their contact made the difference.

I think the Bargo issue was a very high SO rate, at least to some degree. He gave Backus some chances, but too many SO’s in high leverage situations. Not getting bats to balls are rally killers. I noticed that for the season Evansville only had around 6 SO’s per game and yesterday their contact made the difference.
Who would you start today at DH?

Reactions: KptVFL and vol66
What in the flying **** is this score I just looked up after being out all day
No one told Evansville they were supposed to roll over and give up. Also, UT decided that it was a 1 inning game and didn't really want to be out there if Moore could only DH and not play at 2nd base.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Who would you start today at DH?
It probably would depend on who Evansville is starting. Then I would take a look at that pitcher’s splits against lefty/righty and our guy’s personal splits. Personally, I would bet Chapman has the best hard hit rate of the candidates, so would probably choose him if we don’t have info on their starter. Chap and and Bargo have had a significant drop-off the last third of the season. What do you think?

Reactions: KptVFL
It probably would depend on who Evansville is starting. Then I would take a look at that pitcher’s splits against lefty/righty and our guy’s personal splits. Personally, I would bet Chapman has the best hard hit rate of the candidates, so would probably choose him if we don’t have info on their starter. Chap and and Bargo have had a significant drop-off the last third of the season. What do you think?
You get the best of both worlds with Peebles in that scenario with him being a switch hitter.

Reactions: ArdentVol
You get the best of both worlds with Peebles in that scenario with him being a switch hitter.
Yes, agree. Here are some interesting numbers to consider:

Player Ave Slg OBP SO% BB%

Bargo .286 .520 .379 28.0. 10.5

Chapman .283 .515 .408 29.5 13.1

Peebles .227 .345 .378 22.3 18.7

Of course, not knowing who is pitching yet matters, most likely.

If it’s Bargo vs. Chapman because of the higher OBP and BB%, I would go with Chapman.

If you’re just thinking contact in various situations, I would ride with Peebles.

Also of interest is Cal Stark’s SO%, currently at 35.2%.

Last edited:
Chap hasn’t put the ball in play. I’m thinking Bargo or Peebles.

Yes, agree. Here are some interesting numbers to consider:

Player Ave Slg OBP SO% BB%

Bargo .286 .520 .379 28.0. 10.5

Chapman .283 .515 .408 29.5 13.1

Peebles .227 .345 .378 22.3 18.7

Of course, not knowing who is pitching yet matters, most likely.

If it’s Bargo vs. Chapman because of the higher OBP and BB%, I would go with Chapman.

If you’re just thinking contact in various situations, I would ride with Peebles.

Also of interest is Cal Stark’s SO%, currently at 35.2%.
My gut feeling is we need to start Peebles at DH today. That’s 1-9 will mash potential. No pitcher would want to face that lineup.

@BradentonVol

Where you at my dude….hope all is well
Yeah man, all is good. I had some ex-coworkers come down to go deep sea Fishing. We did an 8 hour trip on Friday and a 10 hour trip on Saturday. That messed up my basevols time but it was still time well spent. I also thought we would handle business will Evansville 🙁

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0401.jpeg
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0402.jpeg
    IMG_0402.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 9
Yeah man, all is good. I had some ex-coworkers come down to go deep sea Fishing. We did an 8 hour trip on Friday and a 10 hour trip on Saturday. That messed up my basevols time but it was still time well spent. I also thought we would handle business will Evansville 🙁
Looks like you had a very productive outing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back