The Official #11 TENNESSEE (2-0) at Floriduh (1-1) Thread - Zone Edition - 9/16 @ 7:00 PM EST - from The Bowels of HAIL aka “Da Swamp” - ESPN

Why Tennessee's slow start to the 2023 season should be viewed as a great thing for the Vols​

"The Tennessee Vols have scored 79 points during their 2-0 start to the 2023 season.

That's not exactly a "slow start" by most standards.

Tennessee, however, led the nation in scoring last season. And the feeling going into the first two weeks of the 2023 season was that the Vols would likely score more than 100 points combined against Virginia and Austin Peay.

But for various reasons (dropped passes, off-target throws, Austin Peay's game plan, etc), that's just not how it went for Tennessee."

Last edited:
So…..I asked some questions of the only person I know that would absolutely know and she was being very aloof. My takeaway is there is nothing wrong with Nico and the wrist thing is ********.
Just my opinion

Reactions: VolNExile
An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Florida, and Vols quarterback, Joe Milton was taken away for imaging minutes into the first quarter. At the start of the second, another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Florida, and the Vols Iamaleava was helped off the field. What happened next nobody expected.

Tennessee’s Navy Shuler was stifled, sacked, and intercepted in the remainder of the second period. The Vols were down by a score at the half.

The second half was an entirely different ball game. After leading the Vols to 28 unanswered points, Shuler yielded to Gaston Moore, who brought the Vols down to within range for a Chase McGrath field goal.

Foolishly electing to return the ensuing kickoff, Florida would be stopped on their own nine yard line. Two procedure calls later, the Gators were backed up against their own goal line. The handoff was bobbled in the backfield. Florida fell on it, but it was a safety.

Tennessee received the kick, ran out the clock, and sealed their victory, 40 - 23.

An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Florida, and Vols quarterback, Joe Milton was taken away for imaging minutes into the first quarter. At the start of the second, another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Florida, and the Vols Iamaleava was helped off the field. What happened next nobody expected.

Tennessee’s Navy Shuler was stifled, sacked, and intercepted in the remainder of the second period. The Vols were down by a score at the half.

The second half was an entirely different ball game. After leading the Vols to 28 unanswered points, Shuler yielded to Gaston Moore, who brought the Vols down to within range for a Chase McGrath field goal.

Foolishly electing to return the ensuing kickoff, Florida would be stopped on their own nine yard line. Two procedure calls later, the Gators were backed up against their own goal line. The handoff was bobbled in the backfield. Florida fell on it, but it was a safety.

Tennessee received the kick, ran out the clock, and sealed their victory, 40 - 23.
not here now

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back