The Official #13 TENNESSEE (7-2) at #14 Misery (7-2) Thread - Zone Edition - 11/11 @ 3:30 PM EST - from Columbia, Misery - CBS

Most had us in the Gator Bowl vs ACC before yesterday.
Probably still in play for it -- Missouri will get the Citrus - Ole Miss maybe the Sugar or Outback, if they both win out - I guess it boils down to will the CFP take a possible 2 loss Ala**** to stir the pot with the talking heads

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Most had us in the Gator Bowl vs ACC before yesterday.

If Mizzou or Ole Miss gets NY6, Gator Bowl is likely. If both get NY6, Tampa. If neither, Memphis...

(We played in Nashville earlier this year and Charlotte next year. They will keep AM in Houston)

Not a fan of these articles. No information offered other than I am not saying he should be fired, but these losses are inexcusable. This team was never perceived as a championship contender and we have 2 semi-pro teams in the conference to overcome.

What coaches and players should be replaced oh wise writer? Dumb.
part I was looking at was player leadership -- there are no Jauan Jennings or Hooker types this season - someone needs to step up next year

part I was looking at was player leadership -- there are no Jauan Jennings or Hooker types this season - someone needs to step up next year

Well, with dawg Jennings, Vols managed two 9-4 seasons. A record the 2023 no dawg Vols may still equal.

Hooker? He’s nothing like JJ on the field, imo.

Reactions: Behr
I can handle the loss. The complete lack of energy is tough to understand. We just struggle on the road.
I was pretty close to over with when I posted that, just had a moment after it all sunk in.

I've said it often, "just fight for 60 minutes and I'll be fine". I don't think they put forth any effort most of the night.

Yes, frustrating.

I was pretty close to over with when I posted that, just had a moment after it all sunk in.

I've said it often, "just fight for 60 minutes and I'll be fine". I don't think they put forth any effort most of the night.

Yes, frustrating.
That's what made me feel the way I did, zero fight or fire.

Reactions: volwindy
Refs had not one thing to do with that game. We were flat after a walk through with UConn and looking forward to GA. That's squarely on the coaching staff. D played half speed and couldn't cover a 2 dollar bet.
If they had not one thing to do with that game or any other of our games why even fawking have them? Lol.

The game was still manageable and we were driving down field, then that fumble call. We get a score there it's an 8 point game with over a quarter left. Get some momentum going and....well, it doesn't matter now.

I'm not even going to explain myself about using this in making excuses. I don't care what anyone thinks. I get that great teams can overcome chit like that, but we all know we're not a great team ...yet and I'd give my left nut to find out what would have happened if they don't stop the play and review.

Not a fan of these articles. No information offered other than I am not saying he should be fired, but these losses are inexcusable. This team was never perceived as a championship contender and we have 2 semi-pro teams in the conference to overcome.

What coaches and players should be replaced oh wise writer? Dumb.
I agree in some respects.
We have to have that dog but he needs to be the leader. It’s a fine line. Jennings willed the team to win at times so the record would be worse without him. But I’m thinking of an Al Wilson type of guy. The leader who plays lights out and makes everyone around him better because of it. It’s infectious and it’s rare. We don’t have a leader who can make plays and turn things around when things are going bad.

Milton for example has had more than one chance to make that play and be the man but he’s missed them.
The most glaring example I can think of is vs ole Miss where he came in for an injured Hooker and missed the game winning TD pass 4-6 inches too high.

Game of inches and whatnot

If they had not one thing to do with that game or any other of our games why even fawking have them? Lol.

The game was still manageable and we were driving down field, then that fumble call. We get a score there it's an 8 point game with over a quarter left. Get some momentum going and....well, it doesn't matter now.

I'm not even going to explain myself about using this in making excuses. I don't care what anyone thinks. I get that great teams can overcome chit like that, but we all know we're not a great team ...yet and I'd give my left nut to find out what would have happened if they don't stop the play and review.
The fumble before the half. We could have gone to the half with the lead and getting the ball to start the 3rd

The fumble before the half. We could have gone to the half with the lead and getting the ball to start the 3rd
Was it before the half? My friggin mind these days. Was it the Mizz game? Lol. I could have sworn it was like 3 minutes left in the third.

Well, my point stands, even if I was off a quarter or so I believe it had an affect. It definitely did on me.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Was it before the half? My friggin mind these days. Was it the Mizz game? Lol. I could have sworn it was like 3 minutes left in the third.

Well, my point stands, even if I was off a quarter or so I believe it had an affect. It definitely did on me.
Wright fumbled before the end of the 1st then Milton fumbled later. Milton's fumble was definitely a fumble but it shouldn't have been reviewed.

I remember one of the advantages of the fast tempo offenses being they'd always get the snap off before the call could come in to review the play. Not anymore.

Reactions: 508mikey
Wright fumbled before the end of the 1st then Milton fumbled later. Milton's fumble was definitely a fumble but it shouldn't have been reviewed.

I remember one of the advantages of the fast tempo offenses being they'd always get the snap off before the call could come in to review the play. Not anymore.
Heup said in his postgame presser when asked about it that the replay booth can buzz down at any time to initiate a review of the previous play like that.
I've seen it done a lot and not just in our games.
But for sure, it takes away one of the advantages of using the fast tempo offenses.

Heup said in his postgame presser when asked about it that the replay booth can buzz down at any time to initiate a review of the previous play like that.
But for sure, it takes away one of the advantages of using the fast tempo offenses.
How does a fast tempo offense help if you turned the ball over on a fumble and you’re not on offense any more? 😐

Reactions: GordonC

The Milton fumble was the one I was talking about.

How does a fast tempo offense help if you turned the ball over on a fumble and you’re not on offense any more? 😐
It doesn't hahaha

I'm talking about ruling that one INC on the field, then hurrying up to run the next play before there's a chance to review it. The review came from upstairs, not from the officials on the field. At that point, the review is allowed to take place, even if the officials on the field allow the next snap.

IDGAF if they can or not, they don't call chit when they should why they feel like they got to when they shouldn't? Lol. Fuggers

Reactions: GordonC
So many damn rules the cheap ass refs can't keep up with it all. Like Slice says it's slowly taking some of the fun out of it. It used to be more fun.
I agree
First thing to do is take down the dam jumbotrons
I am looking at (not really "watching") the Niners-Jags game
People are reacting to a frame-by-frame view of Purdy's knee at the second the ball leaves his hands
It's no longer a human endeavor
I'm not joking when I say just let drones call the dam game or eliminate replays completely
This is where we are

Reactions: Behr
If they can look at it and call down anytime they want, then they ought to take a look at some of those calls during the Bama game. I guess it too late now.

Lulz.

VN Store

Back