The Official #14 Tennessee vs. #24 North Carolina State Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

I think D was caught off guard with State passing early on. I’d like to see TN bring five to make their QB get rid of the ball quicker as not sure our LBs can cover underneath. Plus our DBs…..

You’re right. And we’re happy to let receivers stand wide open while the QB has all day to decide where to throw
Looks like Banks finally dialed up some more pressure. We need to be sending 5 and 6 on McCall and make him make mistakes. He’s fine sitting back there picking us apart on a four man rush.

Reactions: CPVOL and Vol865
Let's Go, 1 Drive = punt .... solid defensive stand , managing emotions. Now it's time for the Offenese to put the pressure on.

Time to see Nico against a team with a pulse. I don’t count Iowa despite them being considered a great defense. They are slow and hard nosed. I wanna see what he can do reading the field with some speed on it.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Gave up a few on the first drive. Breathe.
I just hate seeing the athletes we have not able to make plays because the scheme isn’t allowing them to. They can’t react to a guy catching a pass at the first down marker if they’re 6-7 yards away to begin with.

Man....first drive of the game, we haven't even touched the ball on offense....Wasn't a 3 and out and there is already weeping and gnashing of teeth. I fear for some of you the rest of the season.

I think D was caught off guard with State passing early on. I’d like to see TN bring five to make their QB get rid of the ball quicker as not sure our LBs can cover underneath. Plus our DBs…..
What good is that going to do ? They are only running 4 yd routes now. Very few throws over 5 yards.

Absolute key is to start hot offense on first few possessions and get them out of the dink and dunk offense. Then the dline can eat.

VN Store

Back