The Official #14 Tennessee vs. #24 North Carolina State Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

My thoughts on the game:

1. I heard numerous times this past week from Wolfpack coaches, players and fans that they just got off to a slow start and that, fortunately, they "woke up" in time to win it in the 4th quarter. Another way to explain what happened (and I think a more likely explanation) is that they had more depth and better athletes and WCU just ran out of gas. Having said that, I do expect them to play better tonight than they did last week.
2. I'm also expecting the Vols to play better than we did last week -- and we will not run out of gas in the 4th quarter.
3. Concepcion is legit. He reminds me a little bit of Squirrel White. He is instinctive, runs tougher than his size and has good speed. They will use him all over the field and I expect him to make plays against us, because he has proven that's what he does. We will not neutralize him, but I think we have a chance to slow him down.
4. Our guys are going to be psyched for this game and will need to control their emotions to execute their assignments and not have dumb penalties that help our opponent. If we get off to a fast start, we need to make sure we don't let off the gas.

I just wanted to put this here before the game starts, so if I'm wrong anyone who wants to will be able to make fun of me afterwards.

Because this game doesn't count against their conference record, I expect their DBs will several times gamble and break coverage to jump another route. (Remember the Saints DB who jumped a route in the 4th quarter against Peyton, to win the Super Bowl.)

The question is, will they do this early to try and get us off our game, or will they wait until they're behind?

My thoughts on the game:

1. I heard numerous times this past week from Wolfpack coaches, players and fans that they just got off to a slow start and that, fortunately, they "woke up" in time to win it in the 4th quarter. Another way to explain what happened (and I think a more likely explanation) is that they had more depth and better athletes and WCU just ran out of gas. Having said that, I do expect them to play better tonight than they did last week.
2. I'm also expecting the Vols to play better than we did last week -- and we will not run out of gas in the 4th quarter.
3. Concepcion is legit. He reminds me a little bit of Squirrel White. He is instinctive, runs tougher than his size and has good speed. They will use him all over the field and I expect him to make plays against us, because he has proven that's what he does. We will not neutralize him, but I think we have a chance to slow him down.
4. Our guys are going to be psyched for this game and will need to control their emotions to execute their assignments and not have dumb penalties that help our opponent. If we get off to a fast start, we need to make sure we don't let off the gas.

I just wanted to put this here before the game starts, so if I'm wrong anyone who wants to will be able to make fun of me afterwards.

And win the turnover stats... NC State's recent history makes it even more important

Is this kinda how we all felt about playing Iowa in the bowl game - with one of the top defenses in the country, players sitting out to go pro? I’m feeling confident, but…

Reactions: Hacksaw
Gonna be a lot of blue moons downed in a truly blue state this evening, a couple minutes left 31-6 gamecocks butt whipping wild kitties in Lexington.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back