The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

If Purdue ends up making a final four, or even winning the national title this year, it’s clear what we have to do. Get a #1 seed and lose to a 16 seed. Only way to break our curse.
They do seem to have that team of destiny vibe like Virginia did. I hate it.

Vescovi??!!

giphy.gif

What a night, brothers and sisters

We argued and fought and squabbled and listened to BTO all year

Haha

But our Vols are in the Elite 8!!!

Reactions: Lankykong
I would like to revisit the idea that the SEC sucks now that 25% of the Elite 8 are SEC teams. This tournament is a funny thing. I don’t think it tells you much about conference strength, but if it does, the Big 12 “best conference in the country” has no more teams left.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
I would like to revisit the idea that the SEC sucks now that 25% of the Elite 8 are SEC teams. This tournament is a funny thing. I don’t think it tells you much about conference strength, but if it does, the Big 12 “best conference in the country” has no more teams left.
And the supposedly crappy ACC with only one good team in UNC, has 3, not including their one elite team.

Nah.
I want them to beat Clemson and get destroyed by UConn.
Vols have already beaten them twice this year and have the ability to do so again.
Them making it to the FF and losing is better than Clemson squeaking in there and having a better chance to beat Tennessee, which they certainly would have if the two teams made it that far. Trust me, we’d never hear the end of it.
I never understood why people equate football rivalries to basketball. Yeah, Alabama is a rival in basketball but not anywhere near the same level. I wouldn't call them anymore of an SEC rival than a Georgia or South Carolina. You feel it a little more in the moment because Oats has got them winning at a high rate. I could care less if Alabama's is or isn't in the Final Four, I just want Tennessee in there.

Going to be tough to get past Purdue

UCONN is legit. NC State is hot. We have already beaten Bama and Illinois. But it is that time of the year

There are no easy games left. I have Final Four tix in PHX. Go Big Orange

Elite Eight, baby!! Gotta make the eight to make the four then cut some nets

Last edited:
I never understood why people equate football rivalries to basketball. Yeah, Alabama is a rival in basketball but not anywhere near the same level. I wouldn't call them anymore of an SEC rival than a Georgia or South Carolina. You feel it a little more in the moment because Oats has got them winning at a high rate. I could care less if Alabama's is or isn't in the Final Four, I just want Tennessee in there.

Bama has more head-to-head wins versus TN, Sweet 16s, SEC Tournament championships, and as many SEC regular season titles as TN has. Georgia and USCjr aren’t close to TN/Bama.

I had to text my UNC friend to make sure he was ok; they lose and he has to watch Duke and NC St. keep playing.

Ha: I have three friends who are UNC grads and diehard Heel fans and have done the same. I went to the Vol-UNC game in the Dean Dome.
Fun atmosphere--big place.

Marquette was 4-30 from the 3 line last night. Ouch. We're lucky that texas wasn't very good offensively in the 2nd-round
game in which we were just as bad--and yet somehow managed to win.

Ha: I have three friends who are UNC grads and diehard Heel fans and have done the same. I went to the Vol-UNC game in the Dean Dome.
Fun atmosphere--big place.

I forgot Clemson too, which in basketball is usually an afterthought for them. I asked how it felt to see Tennessee, Alabama, Clemson, NC St. and Duke still in it and UNC not, 3 football schools and 2 hated rivals and he said he didn't want to talk about it lol.

The lack of belief in this Tennessee team by the media is just funny. ESPN has us at 7. Katz at 6 with two teams we went 3-0 against.

I hope we can continue to prove them wrong.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back