The Official #4 Tennessee vs #14 Alabama Game Thread, Saturday 8pm/ESPN

Both of those scores they showed by Sears and Estrada graphic where charges if the Knecht charge is the standard.

It’s not as simple as “get in there and make it difficult.” If you’re undersized on the glass and you crash the boards an opposing team is going to grab the rebound and push a fast break against you for an easy 2 points. Bama is going to destroy you with that approach. You sink back to ensure you protect against the breakaway, and hope your guys make the open shots.

I’m not saying put Ziegler down there, but JJJ needs to follow his shot and you can get another guy to collapse down to at least get into position.

Conceding rebounds is never a good strategy from where I sit.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
Let me start by saying I like Rick Barnes and how he coaches tough physical teams....however what Ive never understood is with them being physically tough team, why we always try to counter opponents scoring runs with shooting 3s over and over especially when theyre not falling. You'd think a physically tough team could drive to the hole and hit the layups or draw fouls.

VN Store

Back