The Official #4 Tennessee vs #14 Alabama Game Thread, Saturday 8pm/ESPN

Bama has so much size, when we go small ball their length defended us well. We gotta move the ball better with passes, ZZ, Santi, & Gainey got dribble happy a bit at times.

Just hope Aidoo can have an impact without picking up dumb fouls.

Oates called a time out in front of the under 4 to calm his team down, then reset at the under 4 timeout, not using time outs is coaching malpractice and the inability to stop a run or a shift in momentum has been a Barnes trademark which usually bites and draws blood in tournament play, when you have to coach your resources through in game troubles and adjustments, you can't just roll the ball out there and scream at the referees,
Barnes called a TO with 1:34 up 2 points.

Hard to rebound when your biggest man is
6-6.

True but at least get in there and make it difficult. A couple of those missed 3’s we didn’t have an orange jersey anywhere near the paint and it would have made a difference on one of them JJJ put up - Bama didn’t have anyone close either.

I’m ecstatic to only be down two at the half.

Knecht has been held in check. Aidoo and Awaka only played 4-5 minutes. Gainey has nine points and gave us some offense.

We have 20 min of basketball and it’s anyone’s game. Aidoo and Awaka should be well rested which will open the perimeter for Knecht.

It stinks giving up a 10 point lead after leading essentially the whole half, but at the same time we were without our two bigs since the 12 minute mark. We went for long stretches playing lineups with little to no inside presence. We got some decent bench points and JJJ provided 8 points.

I look forward to getting our bigs back and having ZZ feed them this next half. I also expect Knecht to get going too. Can't let the first half finish carry into the next half though

The 5 players who finished the half didn’t know their roles. We don’t often play a lineup Ziegler, Gainey, Vescovi, James, and Knecht. The spacing wasn’t great, the offensive rebounding wasn’t great, nothing was great.

We need Aidoo and Awaka to stay out of foul trouble in the second half. A foul fest favors Alabama.

VN Store

Back