The Official #5 TENNESSEE (9-1) @ South Carolina (6-4) Game Thread: Zone Edition 7:00p.m. My Time

I hate South Carolina. It might be an irrational hate, but it's not totally unwarranted. It's not because they hold a series advantage over us (they don't) or won a particularly decisive game against us (they haven't) and it's not vitriol against an individual player or coach. It's because of what they represent. They represent what Tennessee shouldn't be, although they have been for some time now. Kentucky, Missouri, even Vanderbilt...they fluctuate from year-to-year, occasionally showing promise, but they mostly hang out around the bottom of the SEC garbage pile. South Carolina is that middle ground that constantly flirts with both abject futility and eternal optimism, all at the same time. It's an ugly space that we've shared with them for too long and for some reason is even worse than being abjectly and consistently terrible. Last year's thumping of USCjr was my favorite game and even though a National Championship alone would displace the Florida, LSU, and B*** wins, another pounding of the Cocks will be a cherished win in my books. Beat the Gamecocks and remind them that they are pretenders and we are the real UT. Go Vols. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

I hate South Carolina. It might be an irrational hate, but it's not totally unwarranted. It's not because they hold a series advantage over us (they don't) or won a particularly decisive game against us (they haven't) and it's not vitriol against an individual player or coach. It's because of what they represent. They represent what Tennessee shouldn't be, although they have been for some time now. Kentucky, Missouri, even Vanderbilt...they fluctuate from year-to-year, occasionally showing promise, but they mostly hang out around the bottom of the SEC garbage pile. South Carolina is that middle ground that constantly flirts with both abject futility and eternal optimism, all at the same time. It's an ugly space that we've shared with them for too long and for some reason is even worse than being abjectly and consistently terrible. Last year's thumping of USCjr was my favorite game and even though a National Championship alone would displace the Florida, LSU, and B*** wins, another pounding of the Cocks will be a cherished win in my books. Beat the Gamecocks and remind them that they are pretenders and we are the real UT. Go Vols. Talk to you guys tomorrow.
@theFallGuy

Reactions: joevol33
Preach!

Reactions: CubsFanTN

VN Store

Back