The Official #5 TENNESSEE (9-1) @ South Carolina (6-4) Game Thread: Zone Edition 7:00p.m. My Time

I hate South Carolina. It might be an irrational hate, but it's not totally unwarranted. It's not because they hold a series advantage over us (they don't) or won a particularly decisive game against us (they haven't) and it's not vitriol against an individual player or coach. It's because of what they represent. They represent what Tennessee shouldn't be, although they have been for some time now. Kentucky, Missouri, even Vanderbilt...they fluctuate from year-to-year, occasionally showing promise, but they mostly hang out around the bottom of the SEC garbage pile. South Carolina is that middle ground that constantly flirts with both abject futility and eternal optimism, all at the same time. It's an ugly space that we've shared with them for too long and for some reason is even worse than being abjectly and consistently terrible. Last year's thumping of USCjr was my favorite game and even though a National Championship alone would displace the Florida, LSU, and B*** wins, another pounding of the Cocks will be a cherished win in my books. Beat the Gamecocks and remind them that they are pretenders and we are the real UT. Go Vols. Talk to you guys tomorrow.
Oh I hate them, but because they’re the next man up period. We will all rejoice after the game and I might bring up why I hate that B word next year. Thankfully, I don’t have to this year, **** bama for years to come😁. Soooooo, just because of I’m a curious bird. Why do you hate USCjr?

I hate South Carolina. It might be an irrational hate, but it's not totally unwarranted. It's not because they hold a series advantage over us (they don't) or won a particularly decisive game against us (they haven't) and it's not vitriol against an individual player or coach. It's because of what they represent. They represent what Tennessee shouldn't be, although they have been for some time now. Kentucky, Missouri, even Vanderbilt...they fluctuate from year-to-year, occasionally showing promise, but they mostly hang out around the bottom of the SEC garbage pile. South Carolina is that middle ground that constantly flirts with both abject futility and eternal optimism, all at the same time. It's an ugly space that we've shared with them for too long and for some reason is even worse than being abjectly and consistently terrible. Last year's thumping of USCjr was my favorite game and even though a National Championship alone would displace the Florida, LSU, and B*** wins, another pounding of the Cocks will be a cherished win in my books. Beat the Gamecocks and remind them that they are pretenders and we are the real UT. Go Vols. Talk to you guys tomorrow.
b9c459f521db649ab49ebe6304ea0d3b.gif

Last time we won 10 games in regular season was 2003. 2001 was the last time we were 10-1.

Too datgum close to a quarter century.

But that's all about to change. Today.

Alot has already changed this season, enough that I personally would be thrilled even if we didn't achieve anything else this season. Obviously I mean if we ended with 9 wins and everything we've already accomplished. It does not mean I'd be okay with losing to SC and Vandy. Yall know what I mean.

That said, we're in a very very good postion to .....are you paying attention?

To play for a National Championship!!

Our realistic worst case scenario is a NY6 Mudder Frackin Bowl.

tenor (22).gif

Last time we won 10 games in regular season was 2003. 2001 was the last time we were 10-1.

Too datgum close to a quarter century.

But that's all about to change. Today.

Alot has already changed this season, enough that I personally would be thrilled even if we didn't achieve anything else this season. Obviously I mean if we ended with 9 wins and everything we've already accomplished. It does not mean I'd be okay with losing to SC and Vandy. Yall know what I mean.

That said, we're in a very very good postion to .....are you paying attention?

To play for a National Championship!!

Our realistic worst case scenario is a NY6 Mudder Frackin Bowl.

View attachment 515737
No..none of us ever pay attention.

Reactions: GordonC and Behr
No..none of us ever pay attention.
Yeah, it just kinda sunk in this morning while I was scrolling through my morning "favorites" and seeing all the talk about Tennessee and the playoffs/bowls predictions etc. And I was overwhelmed with the reality of it all.

Lord Forgive me, and bless all the pygmies down in New Guinea.

On making a case for Tennessee in making the playoffs vs USC...Pawl ain't so bad. For now anyway.

“Now, I’m not saying — I know all this committee nonsense about data points for conference championships, but don’t tell me winning the Pac-12 conference championship computes to what Tennessee has done in the SEC.”

~Paul Finebaum

VN Store

Back