The Official #6 Tennessee @ #15 Oklahoma Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

Some really bold predictions.

Jackson Arnold will throw at least two interceptions.

The Vols tally at least eight tackles for loss.

Dylan Sampson will set a new career-high in receiving yards.

Bru McCoy catches at least six passes.

Oklahoma won’t score a first-half touchdown.

Nico Iamaleava doesn’t throw a pick and completes 70% of his passes.

Nico Iamaleava will rush for at least 50 yards.

Multiple sacks for James Pearce Jr.

Just saw Venables on GameDay, seems like a nice guy and good coach, gonna be a shame to hang 40 on him at home.

Not really because it’s been a long time since Vols fans experienced the joy of the Vols defeating the Sooners because we know the misery of disappointment for 2 consecutive seasons in the 2010s decade which was when I was going to the University of Omaha, and when Family Home video was thriving before the COVID shutdowns.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL

Some really bold predictions.

Jackson Arnold will throw at least two interceptions.

The Vols tally at least eight tackles for loss.

Dylan Sampson will set a new career-high in receiving yards.

Bru McCoy catches at least six passes.

Oklahoma won’t score a first-half touchdown.

Nico Iamaleava doesn’t throw a pick and completes 70% of his passes.

Nico Iamaleava will rush for at least 50 yards.

Multiple sacks for James Pearce Jr.

Whew they weren’t kidding when they said bold

I know our fans will enjoy Norman. OU has a beautiful campus, and Oklahomans are very welcoming people. My daughter taught at OU and lived there for several years. We always enjoyed our visits.

Beating OU is always a tall drink, but Tennessee is the better team this year. I'm not sure the Sooner defense can stop our running game, and if they can't, the Vols could win big.

Reactions: Swiftybaby
Today’s Fit!

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1650.jpeg
    IMG_1650.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1651.jpeg
    IMG_1651.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: txbo
Pitt scored 55 on Kent State. The other two teams that NC State has played scored 38 and 30 points. The other two teams that Chattanooga has played scored 24 and 10. Kent State is just not a good team. NC State is not as good as some thought they would be.

Tennessee is an explosively offensive team who can score points. NC State attempted to keep that in check by playing keep away. I suspect all teams this year will try that, unless they feel they have a defense that can effectively put pressure on Nico and stop the running game.

This is the first game of the year where we will be tested by what appears to be a really good football team. We'll know more about what this season holds after tonight.
NC State SCORED 38 and 30 points in their other two games. Their opponents had 21 and 20.

They still aren’t as good as everyone thought they would be. I’m interested in seeing how they look against Clemson today (even though their starting QB is out). And how their year plays out.

VN Store

Back