The Official #6 Tennessee @ #15 Oklahoma Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, ABC

I would love for TN to embarrass Oklahoma today which would also give us major attention as a contender this year

but I’ll take any win. Just win.
Yeah, I’m the same way. Winning on the road against a top 15 team could generate a lot of things going forward. But a dominate win, helps in so many more ways. Other teams see these type wins and start to check on themselves.

This grasp at optimism cracked me up.

We're 3 games into the season, how about they take a wild guess as to why those teams are ranked so low in defense 😂

View attachment 679166

They've played Temple, Houston and Tulane. And they're questioning our stats and schedule? They could've lost to Houston and Tulane

If you take our games out of the calculation what would they rank?

Pitt scored 55 on Kent State. The other two teams that NC State has played scored 38 and 30 points. The other two teams that Chattanooga has played scored 24 and 10. Kent State is just not a good team. NC State is not as good as some thought they would be.

Tennessee is an explosively offensive team who can score points. NC State attempted to keep that in check by playing keep away. I suspect all teams this year will try that, unless they feel they have a defense that can effectively put pressure on Nico and stop the running game.

This is the first game of the year where we will be tested by what appears to be a really good football team. We'll know more about what this season holds after tonight.

VN Store

Back