The Official #7 Tennessee vs. Syracuse Game Thread, 2:30 PM ET, ESPN2

The board is acting like I’m against Mashack as a player. I’m not. He’s solid defensively and brings a lot of energy, but he’s still a wildcard and not really secure with the ball. He hardly creates on O and still isn’t shooting a justifiable clip to get around that. He’s not a point guard to me - more so an undersized 3.
I agree, he certainly isn't your traditional PG. He isn't much of a facilitator, and frankly, once we get into our halfcourt offense, he isn't the one really trying to facilitate or create offense. He's essentially a swing-man at the top of the key to reverse the ball. His primary function as a PG is to get the ball up the floor where his improved ball-handling and physical strength make him passable at the position. But I agree, he creates little offense for us either as a scorer or facilitator. If that's your desire from the PG, then I can understand the displeasure. I think Barnes is essentially running an offense without a PG, right now. ZZ is our only true PG. Mashack isn't one in the traditional sense. Gainey isn't really, either, but he falls sort of in-between Mashack and Zeigler.

The board is acting like I’m against Mashack as a player. I’m not. He’s solid defensively and brings a lot of energy, but he’s still a wildcard and not really secure with the ball. He hardly creates on O and still isn’t shooting a justifiable clip to get around that. He’s not a point guard to me - more so an undersized 3.
It doesn't matter what he is to you. Barnes is using him there for a reason. We don't need him to create offense

VN Store

Back