The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Well Gaston has been with Heupel how long and yeah Heupel recruited Nico. What does that tell you ? Who is on the field ? Know what else ? Nico has beaten Florida as a starter he is in a very small group of UT Qbs. The kid is young and he will get better. Heupel needs to get some tackles and protect him. Heard is awful and lazy af.Campbell is hurt. Heupel should call some plays that set up well. It seems everything we run is 20 yards down field. Use TE and backs some.
Heupel also started Milton over Hooker. What does that tell you?
My argument wasn't that the tackles aren't the biggest issues or that we should've expected awesome play by him. Sure, he'll get better.
But he's been mostly a liability and a key turnover waiting to happen. I can't recall him doing anything special yesterday outside of a couple of throws, one almost getting Brazell killed. The offense has only been successful because of Sampson putting them on his shoulders.
Moore could've overthrown multiple receivers and had 2 turnovers and stared down his receivers and hold the ball forever knowing the tackles are trash.
I have faith in Nico long term, but the truth is he has been terrible the last 2 weeks.

Heupel also started Milton over Hooker. What does that tell you?
My argument wasn't that the tackles aren't the biggest issues or that we should've expected awesome play by him. Sure, he'll get better.
But he's been mostly a liability and a key turnover waiting to happen. I can't recall him doing anything special yesterday. The offense has only been successful because of Sampson putting them on his shoulders.
Moore could've overthrown multiple receivers and had 2 turnovers and stared down his receivers and hold the ball forever knowing the tackles are trash.
I have faith in Nico long term, but the truth is he has been terrible the last 2 weeks.
Look Gaston is a good back up in case of emergency but the guy hasn't seen real SEC action and he is nowhere near as talented as Nico in any world. Our OL has been terrible the last two weeks. Game plan accordingly. Play calling is about flow..... we have no flow and the coaches are responsible for that because let's face it Halze sucks. We need someone who can look at a teams film and see ways to attack it. That was the element Golesh brought and it was freaking awesome. You play the young guy and let him grow and mature.

Look Gaston is a good back up in case of emergency but the guy hasn't seen real SEC action and he is nowhere near as talented as Nico in any world. Our OL has been terrible the last two weeks. Game plan accordingly. Play calling is about flow..... we have no flow and the coaches are responsible for that because let's face it Halze sucks. We need someone who can look at a teams film and see ways to attack it. That was the element Golesh brought and it was freaking awesome. You play the young guy and let him grow and mature.
Look the OP said "glad we didn't put Gaston in" and the only meaning I can take from that is "had Gaston been in we'd likely have lost", hence my reply. You have spent several responses to counter my "handoff" comment without actually giving any arguments as to why they were clearly better off with Nico lol.
No one disagrees with you about playing him for the long term. No one really wants to bench Nico.

Look the OP said "glad we didn't put Gaston in" and the only meaning I can take from that is "had Gaston been in we'd likely have lost", hence my reply. You have spent several responses to counter my "handoff" comment without actually giving any arguments as to why they were clearly better off with Nico lol.
No one disagrees with you about playing him for the long term. No one really wants to bench Nico.
The stop taking shots at the kid with comments like Gaston could have handed it off. Obviously they think Nico is better at that too lol. 5-1 let's continue getting better and see where we go.

Have to give props to everyone watching this mess in person and still making that much noise.
My wife and I were at the game and yelled as much as we could, as did the others around us.

But I admit that I was in a bad mood most of the game. Hopefully our offense will get going vs Bama. Otherwise the game could get out of hand.

Fuller’s last win against Florida was 04….Florida has beat us 17 - of the last 20 times we played. Heupel has won 2-2 against Florida.
Let's see, Fulmer beat Florida in '92, '98, '01, '03, '04. Should have won the '06 game in Neyland, but "should have" admittedly is still a loss.
Just didn't want his record misrepresented as if Florida was beating Fulmer every year. He won some big games against very good florida teams and sent Spurrier packing.
Before the '93 - '97 streak, Tennessee owned florida including several blowouts. They did not play very often prior to 1990.
My problem with Florida is their lack of football pedigree. They had occasional good teams, but are hardly a long-time college football power like Tennessee is dating back to the 1930's.
Spurrier starts winning some games in the 90's and they act like they are Notre Dame. New Money.

VN Store

Back