The Official Belmont @ Tennessee Tuesday Game Thread 5/16 (5 PM EST SEC NET+)

Connell is an experienced lefty reliever who has put his heart and soul into this program and supports his teammates like no other. He’s extremely visible in the community and will be vastly needed in the postseason. He’s been clutch more times than not.
Couldn’t agree more. And he’s been an amazing pitcher throughout his career. But this year he has struggled a little bit especially in conference. And as we progress we will keep facing elite hitters. And I’m not sure he’s been crafty enough to keep getting put in these situations

He’s been in more high leverage situations than anybody we’ve had in the last two years. Don’t be a dumbass.
So to you that overrides his struggles this year? I think it’s a fair point. I personally don’t believe that’s the right way to approach pitching. But I guess Tony agrees with you!

can you give me a legit reason why it’s so outlandish besides the fact that we all love the guy and know he’s been an outstanding VFL?

It just came across as badmouthing a player, and that’s a big no no here, especially with that player’s dad being a well respected, frequent poster on this very thread. You may not have meant it personally - just how it came across and why you’re now getting the wrath of posters.

Couldn’t agree more. And he’s been an amazing pitcher throughout his career. But this year he has struggled a little bit especially in conference. And as we progress we will keep facing elite hitters. And I’m not sure he’s been crafty enough to keep getting put in these situations
Smart people know when to let it go and stfu.

Let's see how smart you are.

Kirby has a long history of high performance. I trust his ability and his long history of being an elite pitcher. Recency bias is just that….biased.

Read the rules for baseball forum and get back to us.
If it’s the bashing rule you’re talking about then I apologize. Honestly wasn’t my intent. Probably nobody has meant more to UT the last 4 years than him. More so just trying to start a convo about strategy regarding his appearances which I think is a fair discussion

Kirby has a long history of high performance. I trust his ability and his long history of being an elite pitcher. Recency bias is just that….biased.
Fair enough. I think 14 appearances in conference is enough of a sample size to usurp recency bias but your point is valid

VN Store

Back