The Official Bowling Green @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 3/1 4:30PM EST) (Sat. 3/2 5PM EST) (Sun. 3/3 1PM EST) SEC NET+

I’m not sure how you arrive that conclusion. You do see the number of folks in attendance right? Last week, LNS broke the stadium’s all time attendance record. Then this week, they broke it again. I understand you don’t like seeing empty premium seats, but let’s not act like this is a horrible thing. There is no litmus test required for season tickets. If someone has the money to buy a premium chair and doesn’t want to go. So be it.
University could make Sec season tickets only and let those big money people take those and then they still get postseason privileges. Then offer same seats for all midweek and non conference games for a nice price discount to regular fans to put butts in seats for all games.

Schaefer - BB (full count).

Double down the 3B line to the wall in LF. Runners on 3B and 2B with no outs.

RBI sacrifice fly to deep CF. Runner on 3B scores. Runner on 2B advances to 3B.

Schaefer - BB.

VOLS lead 4-1. Top of the 2nd.

*Schaefer is pulled after ~25 pitches and 0 K's.*

Schaefer's day is done. Andrew Behnke comes in with runners on the corners and 1 out.

RBI ground out to 3B. Runner on 3B scores. Runner on 1B advances to 2B.

Curley makes a web gem off a hard hit ball to deep SS.

VOLS lead 4-2. Middle of the 2nd.

Behnke is at 7 pitches and 0 K's.

The problem is the seats are always empty, if they’re willing to trade a few bucks for a bad environment then let them face the consequences. It’s not like they don’t make 150k-200k off parking every event in TBA

It’s not that on my end…it’s sad I can’t grab up the kid after school and pop over, buy two tix and go watch a game in person. My time has passed on that now, I had my fun, but it’s a little sad others can’t have the same experience, that is all. Those that have been around here a minute know…we got what asked for…no crying in baseball.

Are we in a golden era for vol sports? Football is good again, basketball is consistently an elite program, baseball has been to the CWS 2 of past 3 years, softball is coming off a CWS appearance. I don’t think any time has ever been as good as it is now
No. We were winning national titles in football, women’s basketball, track, making CWS in baseball and Sweet 16’s in basketball in late 90’s through early 2000’s.

He’s likely upset at student seats being moved to SRO. iirc he’s a student currently.

But the stadium is as full as it’s ever been, and expanding. Again, our premium seats being empty is pretty standard for this part of the season across all the elite SEC schools.
I am a student, graduate this semester. Tbh I just hope they still just check ID’s to get in so I can get a free ticket if I’m ever in Knoxville the next few years

It’s not that on my end…it’s sad I can’t grab up the kid after school and pop over, buy two tix and go watch a game in person. My time has passed on that now, I had my fun, but it’s a little sad others can’t have the same experience, that is all. Those that have been around here a minute know…we got what asked for…no crying in baseball.

Fair point. We are victims of our own success.

I’m not sure how you arrive that conclusion. You do see the number of folks in attendance right? Last week, LNS broke the stadium’s all time attendance record. Then this week, they broke it again. I understand you don’t like seeing empty premium seats, but let’s not act like this is a horrible thing. There is no litmus test required for season tickets. If someone has the money to buy a premium chair and doesn’t want to go. So be it. That money funds the expansions that the rest of us common folk get to enjoy.
I just wish they would use the donate option to transfer them to military and other charities. It’s simple and easy—just has to be done by 5pm day prior to game.

I said in the recruiting thread I missed getting 4 cans of beans and my dad taking me to a SEC series essentially for free with those

But this is still preferable

Reactions: vol66
I just wish they would use the donate option to transfer them to military and other charities. It’s simple and easy—just has to be done by 5pm day prior to game.

I agree. Maybe the school will encourage/ communicate that as interest continues to grow. I bet more people would do it if they knew about it.

Reactions: taylorvol
Moore - K (full count).

Burke - Line drive out to SS.

Amick - Base hit off a line drive up the middle between SS-2B to CF.

Tears - Base hit off a hard hit ground ball to 2B that goes into RF. Amick advances to 3B.

Peebles - RBI double to RF! Amick scores from 3B. Tears stops at 3B.

*Runners on 3B and 2B with 2 outs*

Tears scores from 3B on a wild pitch! Peebles advances to 3B.

Dreiling - RBI ground rule double over the RF wall! Peebles scores from 3B.

Dreiling advances to 3B on a wild pitch.

Bargo - RBI base hit to RF! Dreiling scores from 3B.

Bargo successfully steals 2B.

Curley - BB.

Chapman - K.

VOLS lead 4-0. End of the 1st. 5-straight 2 out hits after two quick outs.

BG starter is at 39 pitches and 2 K's.
Thanks for doing this. I have company and busy playing with grandkids.

Reactions: PKT_VOL
I agree. Maybe the school will encourage/ communicate that as interest continues to grow. I bet more people would do it if they knew about it.
I hope they start to track tickets, if your seat isn’t used or donated for 65 percent of games you lose the right to purchase tickets for the following season

Reactions: Volstylexx
I said in the recruiting thread I missed getting 4 cans of beans and my dad taking me to a SEC series essentially for free with those

But this is still preferable

I haven’t made up my mind on that, but they do have to have the money to complete the projects, that I know.

Reactions: Volstylexx

VN Store

Back