The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Super Regional Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 7 3PM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In academic research we'd call this "numerical cognition," which suggests people perceive numerical differences relative to the magnitude of the numbers involved. When the numbers are larger, as in the case of 8-5 compared to 5-2, the absolute difference is the same (3), but the relative difference (3/8 = 0.375 for 8-5 and 3/5 = 0.6 for 5-2) is greater for the smaller numbers. This can lead to the perception that the gap is smaller when the larger numbers are involved, even though the absolute difference is the same.

I know you probably didn't really want to know all that, but know you know! 🤣
Good grief Einstein

I explain it as a team with 2 runs might be showing they are not going to be able to score 5 or more while a team with 5 on the board has shown they can score at will and no lead is safe….

Weird Science…good movie btw

Today I have noticed a couple times Stark sitting up inside or outside and Causey completely going the opposite way.

Could be misisng his spots but seems like it's on purpose, and trying to hide the location of the pitch instead of giving a target.

I know this isn't completely uncommon but Stark seems to do it often.

I wonder if Tn saw something on film, i.e. a sign from a player or the batter looking back?

In academic research we'd call this "numerical cognition," which suggests people perceive numerical differences relative to the magnitude of the numbers involved. When the numbers are larger, as in the case of 8-5 compared to 5-2, the absolute difference is the same (3), but the relative difference (3/8 = 0.375 for 8-5 and 3/5 = 0.6 for 5-2) is greater for the smaller numbers. This can lead to the perception that the gap is smaller when the larger numbers are involved, even though the absolute difference is the same.

I know you probably didn't really want to know all that, but know you know! 🤣
I prefere the term "moronic cognition" meaning I know I'm ignorant, just unwilling or unable to do anything about it. In other words , a liberal arts graduate! 🤣

Good grief Einstein

I explain it as a team with 2 runs might be showing they are not going to be able to score 5 or more while a team with 5 on the board has shown they can score at will and no lead is safe….

Weird Science…good movie btw

Would you like to know why pineapple causes such an aversion to some people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back