The Official Gonzaga @ Tennessee Series Thread (3/3 7:00PM EST SEC NET+) (3/4 6PM EST SEC NET+) (3/5 1PM EST SEC NET+)

IMPORTANT PARKING INFO for this weekend!!

FRIDAY, MAR. 3 - Campus Gameday Parking is available for free in lots S23, C22, C8, C6 and G16. Parking in Lots C1, GF1, GF2 and GF3 are available only for permit holders.

SATURDAY, MAR. 4 - Parking in Lots G16, C6 and C8 will cost $20 after 3 PM due to an event in Thompson-Boling Arena. Free parking can be found in S23 behind the Music building as well as lots C22, GF4 and SC1. Parking in Lots C1, GF1, GF2 and GF3 are available only for permit holders.

SUNDAY, MAR. 5 - Campus Gameday Parking is available for free in lots S23, C22, C8, C6 and G16. Parking in Lots C1, GF1, GF2 and GF3 are available only for permit holders.

https://parking.utk.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/49/2023/02/2023-Baseball-parking-map.pdf

UVA is doing free admission for kids under 18 yo. Pretty cool promotion to bring in future generations of fans. At TN, “excuse me ma’am, your 4 month old baby will need a ticket!!!” 🍊🥹😆😂🤣
I expect an insignificant increase to tickets to cover minors shortly.

Reactions: MAD
UVA has to do something to get people there. We are sold out for every game. But it is frustrating when you look at MVP seats and porches that are not being used for weekend games and even weekday games and families cannot hardly afford to come if they have to buy them off the market. To buy this weekend off the market for a family of 4 would be almost $200 plus the other stuff. Great problem to have that all available tickets are sold but tough when you look and see empty seats and empty porches. I've never understood why those people would not at least try to give them to families of players. They get 4 tickets for home and only 2 for away games. There are player's families that do not get to come to games to watch and there are seats not being used. I understand if they are being used but not when they are left vacant. Give them to someone. I think they should do a survey and if you don't use your seats 75% of the time they would be taken away the next year. By used I mean someone is using the ticket in person

Lack of journalistic integrity…
"Journalistic integrity?"
Didn't that go out with the telegraph? To maintain a high standard of truth requires that letters be expensive.

Today they're just electrons, produced at 55 words per minute from the comfort of your home. There's about as much "truth" in the static electricity putting on your wool sweater generates.

(...and, yes--get off my lawn!)

UVA has to do something to get people there. We are sold out for every game. But it is frustrating when you look at MVP seats and porches that are not being used for weekend games and even weekday games and families cannot hardly afford to come if they have to buy them off the market. To buy this weekend off the market for a family of 4 would be almost $200 plus the other stuff. Great problem to have that all available tickets are sold but tough when you look and see empty seats and empty porches. I've never understood why those people would not at least try to give them to families of players. They get 4 tickets for home and only 2 for away games. There are player's families that do not get to come to games to watch and there are seats not being used. I understand if they are being used but not when they are left vacant. Give them to someone. I think they should do a survey and if you don't use your seats 75% of the time they would be taken away the next year. By used I mean someone is using the ticket in person
Those MVP tickets are for big donators not for true fans.

I've worked for season ticket holders who were very good about offering them to their employees when they knew they wouldn't make the game.

But I've also heard generous season ticket holders talk about the grief they get from the ticketholders around them if their "guests" are poorly behaved. In New Orleans I heard more than one Saints season ticket holder say it just isn't worth the trouble to give away their seats when they can't attend. Sad, but understandable. (...though I have to wonder what a well-behaved Saints fan would even act like!)

Absolutely agree.

It’s my major frustration with UT shacking up with Ticketmaster.

TM makes it next to impossible to sell a ticket for cheap, and even when you do, their disgusting fees make it hard to deal with.

Going all digital is fine for me, but it does make it hard to move tickets outside of a broker system which was the exact intent.

"Journalistic integrity?"
Didn't that go out with the telegraph? To maintain a high standard of truth requires that letters be expensive.

Today they're just electrons, produced at 55 words per minute from the comfort of your home. There's about as much "truth" in the static electricity putting on your wool sweater generates.

(...and, yes--get off my lawn!)
Dayum BO. I seriously kneel, sire. That was insightful. No sarcasm. Be careful out there on the webz.

I've worked for season ticket holders who were very good about offering them to their employees when they knew they wouldn't make the game.

But I've also heard generous season ticket holders talk about the grief they get from the ticketholders around them if their "guests" are poorly behaved. In New Orleans I heard more than one Saints season ticket holder say it just isn't worth the trouble to give away their seats when they can't attend. Sad, but understandable. (...though I have to wonder what a well-behaved Saints fan would even act like!)
AD White and Donde need to promote an asses in seats campaign. It’s embarrassing.

VN Store

Back