The Official Gonzaga @ Tennessee Series Thread (3/3 7:00PM EST SEC NET+) (3/4 6PM EST SEC NET+) (3/5 1PM EST SEC NET+)

Last year I understood the steals because we had two true freshman weekend starters and a makeshift catcher… but that’s not the case anymore. Do we just allow these steals to happen because our pitchers have to pitch with a wind up?

I know Vitello and Anderson have never prioritized holding runners, but we may have to change that this year. We don’t have the thunder in our lineup to make up for every hit or walk turning into a double.

Last year I understood the steals because we had two true freshman weekend starters and a makeshift catcher… but that’s not the case anymore. Do we just allow these steals to happen because our pitchers have to pitch with a wind up?
Good question. They pitch from the stretch with runner’s on. They just don’t alter their delivery with a slide step. CFA’s philosophy is to focus on batter. Plus, my theory is altered deliveries and slide steps result in more arm and shoulder injuries. I trust CFA and the results speak for themselves.

Reactions: Christian Lowe
Good question. They pitch from the stretch with runner’s on. They just don’t alter their delivery with a slide step. CFA’s philosophy is to focus on batter. Plus, my theory is altered deliveries and slide steps result in more arm and shoulder injuries. I trust CFA and the results speak for themselves.
That’s fair. I hated pitching from the stretch, it never felt natural to me and I lost a lot of control when I had to shorten up my delivery like that.

But I wasn’t a D1 level player, and besides just the implications in game of that philosophy is that the MLB obviously won’t allow that, and I don’t see how we won’t be negatively recruited against for not preparing them how to pitch at a professional level

VN Store

Back